Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Warhammer is pretty terrible cost wise and they never made much effort to provide alternative, cheaper options like FASA did by offering cardboard unit figures, etc. So sadly the size of your army was limited by your disposal income.

Its cheaper to just pick up the Warhammer 40k pc games from Relic if you want a fix. -.-

We tried to get into it back in high school but we could only afford a platoon a piece so the novelty wore off fairly quick.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
      I just remembered Aerotech....oh wow. I had that too but I don't think they ever released new editions of it. =/.
      Nope, they went for Battlespace instead. Which had big honking spaceships with silly numbers of guns.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        Death from above! I love that move. I have never, ever successfully performed one, however.
        It's a little easier in the video games, but apart from mechwarrior 2, my fave is sniping. leaves a lot of salvageable mechs.

Oh, and I still need to get this t-shirt.

^-.-^
        Gotta love Sparks!
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Yeah, Warhammer is pretty terrible cost wise and they never made much effort to provide alternative, cheaper options like FASA did by offering cardboard unit figures, etc. So sadly the size of your army was limited by your disposal income.
          Yup. The D&D minis game can also get expensive, but that arena has trading as an option (although if you and 500 others are after the same desirable figure, you'd be better off picking it up as a single online....still cheaper than the booster luck-of-the-draw in most cases).
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

My original set was back when they had permission from Harmony Gold to use mech designs from Robotech. So it had Veritechs and Destroids in it.
            Heh...They never had permission to use those, which is why they got the lawsuit, and had to get new art for them. Oh, and Aerotech? Those designs were almost all stolen from and anime called Crusher Joe. The Crusher Joe movie had almost all of the Aerotech designs, and the Locust.

BTW...hate me all you want, but I just laid hands on origional metal minis for the LAMs and the Stinger from a friend's brother's collection being sold off. You know, the ones that were different versions of the Macross Valkyrie fighters in Guardian mode, and Battloid mode? Very shiney right now.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Where I work, all the Warhammer people love to come to our store to play & buy minis. We have some of the older stuff that they're looking for. Games Workshop only wants to put the newest and shiniest stuff out in their brick & mortar stores. Everything else goes onto their website that have outrageous shipping prices, etc. (At least according to those who come in).

I'm not into War Hammer or other mini games (except for D&D 'cos I can play that with hubs).

But give me a great board game and I'm happy.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                I have Descent which is an $80 boardgame which is in the same category (only better) than Hero Quest. There are 2 other expansion packs for Descent, but I haven't picked them up yet as I haven't played Descent.
                My friend Zombie George has that game. I've never played it but I went through the rule book so it sounds like massive fun.

Arkham Horror the board game is popular along with the Order of the Stick boardgame (which I want to buy and play).
                The best way to play Arkham horror is with a full board; all 8 people and it'll take a minimum of 4 hours. It's great! Have fun!

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                Great! Come on over. The good news is I'm in Arlington. The bads news is, it's not the one in Texas.

My wife was out of school a lot in her youth, and OD'd on board games. The few times I've gotten her to play, we quickly reached the point were we always stalemated. We just think too much alike.
                Yay, Arlington! Then I can visit my uncle's little grave and leave him a mini Vodka bottle. (he's buried in the National Cemetery up there.)

Wow. I have GOT to play games with her.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I have Descent which is an $80 boardgame which is in the same category (only better) than Hero Quest. There are 2 other expansion packs for Descent, but I haven't picked them up yet as I haven't played Descent.

Arkham Horror the board game is popular along with the Order of the Stick boardgame (which I want to buy and play).
                  Darn! I had to go take a look at Descent. Now I think I will have to buy it. And I just ordered Order of the Stick.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    Darn! I had to go take a look at Descent. Now I think I will have to buy it. And I just ordered Order of the Stick.
                    Order of the Stick is a decent game, but it's along the same mentality as Talsiman: luck heavy not a lot of deep strategy, but still fun to play.

Comment

Working...
                    X