This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Day Back at the DT

First day back at the Dollar Tree went pretty fast.

I saw some of my former customers and talked to them a bit.

Saw a little girl (around 8 years old, I'd say) wearing a t-shirt stating "Looking For Mr. Right Now!"

HUGE Order came through and I was lucky enough to get it (I love huge orders). Nice couple, not a suck among them. Wanted to pay with a check. Okay, no problem. Guy fills it out and messes up the signature (Perfectionist to a degree, I've run into the Check Perfectionist before) so he writes a new one. Scan it in, terminal refuses it. Try again. Another refusal. TRY AGAIN. The terminal hates my guts (it's my original terminal, after all ). Couple more times and I'm about to become the definition of Insanity. Finally I give up and type in the numbers manually. Doesn't like it. Try again. Nope, not doing it. Figure out I'm missing a digit ( ) and it finally asks for a cheque number and authorizes. I celebrate with shouts of "HA! BOO-YEAH! I BEAT THE SYSTEM! SUCKER!" Nice couple and SM Cathy laughs their heads off and a pleasant evening is had by all.

So glad I'm back.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

You had... dare I say it... a GOOD day?! Congrats!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Yes. Yes, I did. And I didn't have any help from my meds, either!

Comment

So is $tree less stressful then the Chinese Goods store?
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

VERY MUCH SO. I had doubled up on my meds while at the Chinese Goods Store. That made me act wonky (just like you can't just STOP, you can't just double up on them all of a sudden) but at least I could act happy while I wasn't.

You just wait, the first SC I get I'm gonna go Sociopath on their fannies. It was made into an artform right before I left, might as well make use of it while I'm here (IF I get sucky customers).

Comment

Saw a little girl (around 8 years old, I'd say) wearing a t-shirt stating "Looking For Mr. Right Now!"
            And her parents will wonder why she's getting inappropriate attention from strange and creepy men.
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
              And her parents will wonder why she's getting inappropriate attention from strange and creepy men.
              Hheheheheheh, I almost said something, but Mum out-weighed me by probably a lot (I'm SHORT and she WASN'T tall people scare me).

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                You have selected the correct option to activate Señor Feesh's INSTA-RAGE MODE.

God I hate parents who dress their children like that.

Also the reason I loathe anything to do with the Bratz brand. "Hey, let's all dress like hookers before our age even hits double figures!"

Oh, congrats on getting your...old...job?
                ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

tall people scare me).
                  We're not all scary!
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth fish3k1 View Post
                    Also the reason I loathe anything to do with the Bratz brand. "Hey, let's all dress like hookers before our age even hits double figures!"
                    Everyone at my store knew exactly what I thought about those little slut dolls.

Best ever: My coworker and her daughter:
                    CW: *mentions Slutz dolls while standing in doll aisle*
                    CW's D: But Mom, they're a bunch of hoochies!

Classic. I was so proud that her daughter wasn't going to grow up stupid and slutty.
                    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth fish3k1 View Post
                      You have selected the correct option to activate Señor Feesh's INSTA-RAGE MODE.
                      ..........DUDE! I gotta hit that button more often!

Quoth fish3k1 View Post
                      Oh, congrats on getting your...old...job?
                      Thank you. I'll let you know Wednesday Night what my next shift is like. Might get some scrappy ones that don't know I'm back yet.

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                        CW's D: But Mom, they're a bunch of hoochies!
                        i kinda thought those were the same things?

Comment

That's sick.

And so very, very wrong.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                          X