Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who stole the cookies from the cookie store?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth monolayth View Post
    mmmmm...yummy cookie goodness that is white chocolate.........
    You just made me crave some white chocolate macadamia nut cookies hot from the oven...... darn you!
    "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth EvilAuthor View Post
      She hands me a card, I swiped it through the machine and set it on the counter. Normally when the card machine beeps when the receipt prints, so when I heard the beep, I looked down only to see the card had been declined.

ME: Your card was declined. Do you have another method of payment?

Look up, the woman was walking away with her children.
      You didn't mention, but did she pick up the card? If not, and if it's not stolen, you have her information...

EDIT: Nevermind, Didn't see this post

Sadly no, she made it off with the card and cookies...However, thanks to the miracle of paperwork, her name was on the receipt that printed out saying her card was declined.
      If they so choose, the home office can go after her for theft.
      I hope home office goes after her... and takes her to court... all over just over 2 and a half dollars...

But the credit card companies require you to keep hold of the card until after they've signed....
      Last edited by Jacen; 05-18-2008, 09:26 PM.
      MMO Addicts group

Comment

Quoth Aramika View Post
        You just made me crave some white chocolate macadamia nut cookies hot from the oven...... darn you!
        Well, I am evil. I am also planing on making white chocolate cheesecake when I get home.
        My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
          You didn't mention, but did she pick up the card? If not, and if it's not stolen, you have her information...

EDIT: Nevermind, Didn't see this post

I hope home office goes after her... and takes her to court... all over just over 2 and a half dollars...

But the credit card companies require you to keep hold of the card until after they've signed....
          I'm well aware you don't give the card back until they sign, but I didn't return it to her. I set it down while looking for the pen so she could sign. She grabbed the cookie and her card before bolting.

Though as Stryker One said, the card may have very well been stolen too.

Comment

If they so choose, the home office can go after her for theft.
            What are the chances of that happening?
            Not quite as good as the chances that the Milwaukee Brewers will win the World Series this year AND I will nail Katherine Heigl.

Instead, they'll just come down on the employees, because as we all know the majority of theft is committed by employees.
            Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 05-18-2008, 11:54 PM.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Rule #1: Assume everybody is honest. But don't give anyone the chance to prove otherwise.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
              X