X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome management and then classic management

If you all remember my old boss from this thread:

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=27470

A bunch of us went out last night, and she had s'more stories to tell.

So the store had some bikes to clearance out. Normally well over $100, they were going for $25. Lady comes in, and the only bike left is damaged. My boss, S, agrees to fix it for her, by Christmas. (It's November or early December at this point.)

S jumps through a lot of hurdles: drives to other stores to get parts/service, and does a lot of work for this bike. SC and her husband come in.

SC: I'm here for my bike.
    S: Absolutely. Here it is, all fixed up. $25.
    SC: You expect me to pay for it!?
    S: Uh, yeah. $25.
    SC: I'm not paying for it.
    S: Then you're not getting it.
    SC: Oh yes I am. I'm leaving with this bike.
    S: That's fine. $25.

And a little more. SC eventually pays the money.

Later, a day or two, husband comes up to S and says, "Don't worry, you'll learn how to do your job eventually."

What had happened? SC had come back in, complained, and the Store Director refunded her money for the bike, and gave her a coupon good for 10% off her next total purchase.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

I've had similar experiences and it just makes me wonder why I should really give a rat's ass about going out of the way for customers when it can so easily blow up in your face like this.

People used to be APPRECIATIVE when you went above and beyond, now they complain about it. This culture of "100% satisfaction" guarantees and "customer is always right" policies just drives me mad sometimes.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Can I meet your store director so I can talk some sense into him/her?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        Can I meet your store director so I can talk some sense into him/her?
        Her. And yes, please do.

Comment

She definitely didn't deserve that bike. Not that I'd promote stealing, but in this case I might make a difference.. After all, she did kinda steal it.

Comment

I am a little confused, she just wanted it for free? That isn't how shops work.

Comment

Quoth Fiyero View Post
              I am a little confused, she just wanted it for free? That isn't how shops work.
              The bike was on sale for $25 but it was broken, so OP took it upon herself to track down the parts and fix it up so it could be sold, but the SC thought that since it was broken in the first place she should get it for free.
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                The bike was on sale for $25 but it was broken, so OP took it upon herself to track down the parts and fix it up so it could be sold, but the SC thought that since it was broken in the first place she should get it for free.
                So she wanted the broken bike for free, kinda makes sense but she got a working bike. Oh well, kinda makes me glad I don't understand her thinking.

Comment

If I were S, I'd quit on the spot once I learned I got overruled like that.

All that work, and then I get shown up anyway.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

And how much money was put into the bike to get it fixed..?
                    "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Unfortunately, with the common corporate mentality of blindly believing whatever an SC says, it just isn't worth it to go out of your way to make things better for most customers.

In the case of the broken bike, it could also be a liability issue, so it's really not the best idea to fix it, anyway.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
                        And how much money was put into the bike to get it fixed..?
                        Couple hundred after finding parts/waiting for the bike rep to come in and work on it.

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                          Her. And yes, please do.
                          I shall. *promise*
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            If I were S, I'd quit on the spot once I learned I got overruled like that.

All that work, and then I get shown up anyway.
                            if i worked with s i would have scrounged up 25 dollars and bought it from under the SC...

Comment

"Vinnie...Guido...Take a little walk with the director there. Make 'em an offer he/she can't refuse..."
                              ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Working...
                              X