Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess we should thank you? (sarcasm)

Hello everyone, it's been awhile since my last post. This one really shook me up!

This happened to my co-worker. This is what she told me......I work at a dept. store, my co worker works in childrens and I work in men's (right next to her). She is an older lady that is the nicest person around. She takes great pride in keeping her dept. really neat and tidy.

We have tables that have differant levels that clothes are folded on and displayed. A mom with her son (about 4 yrs old) are in the childrens section looking at clothes when the little boy decides to take his arm and remove all the clothing from the table and onto the floor. The mom looks at her son and what he had done and then she looked at my co-worker and said that I guess we saved your Job!

My co-worker was so shocked that she didn't say anything, the worlds best mom then walked away and never said a word to her son. When she told me this I was sooo mad! She is working to help pay for her insurance and no one should have to put up with that! I wish I would have been there, I would have lost my job but it would have been worth it to let that Bitch know that you don't treat people that way and also that is not how to raise a child. I weep for the future!

This woman requires brain surgery with a cast iron skillet applied.

Sadly I've noticed this becoming a trend. People just don't care and walk off, leaving huge messes for workers. My son knocked down a bunch of boxes of rice in the grocery store once while I was trying to find the one I need. I was mortified and did my best to clean it up while a stock boy came over. I was apologizing all over myself for the mess.

He seemed genuiely shocked that I was picking things up and apologizing. My son also lost his "Good Boy" cookie that he gets for behaving while we're out running errands.
    "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Quoth teelaz View Post
      Bitch know that you don't treat people that way and also that is not how to raise a child. I weep for the future!
      Too bad management won't like it if you scold her child. Cause I'd have scolded the child over that.

Another case in point... couldn't your co-worker have claimed the items as damaged and have her have to purchase them
      MMO Addicts group

Comment

Yep, that little brat is definitely a SC in training.
        "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
        ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Store employees used to be able to say things. In fact, I was scolded once for failing to say "please" and "thank you". I complained to my mother about the employee. My mother simply told me that the employee was right that I should always say "please" and "thank you".

Management these days needs to collectively grow spines and let employees have a little leeway. I'm not saying that employees and service workers need to turn into grumps and jerks. But, a little pressure back might do some good.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

what is it about display tables that 1) completely attracts children and 2) makes their arms temporarily long enough to reach every stinking item for the convenience of knocking off?

This never happened to me, but it did happen to a co-worker at the clothing store.

And teh wonderful way it takes *hours* to reset the table because Murphy's Law states that this kind of thing always happens during a busy time

Comment

What is wrong with people? I can't believe she said "I guess we saved your job!" Grr!

I better get back to work on my sterilization ray. That paragon of suck has already reproduced, but maybe we could prevent more spawn from infesting our society.
              "Thank God for the idiots: but for them, the rest of us could not succeed." ~Mark Twain

Comment

At my job we actually tell people NOT to clean up the mess and that we'll get it for them.

Mostly it's because their drunk and spilled beer and they're just gonna make a bigger and stickier mess... and we're not about to hand them the windex bottle.

I remember one time though I made a mess at the grocery store. I turned around to fast and knocked a bottle of BBQ sauce over that was on a display case. Luckily the manager was right there, so he was able to take care of it, and I apologized of course. I would have cleaned it up, but in that case I couldn't, it's too much of a liability for them to have a customer messing with broken glass
                <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

to them!!!
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Yesterday at the grocery, the butter I wanted was apparently stacked precariously and fell all over the place when I touched it. All my kids scrambled to pick it up and restack it, but one was busted open. "Ah crap, we busted this one, now we HAVE to buy it." "You break it, you bought it, mommy?" "Yep." LOL Dairy gal just stood there with her mouth hanging open.

The *break it, you bought it* thing isn't necessarily true anymore, but I think it teaches taking responsibility to a certain extent. Hell, a bag of rice broke and spilled all over the place once, and while they wouldn't let me make my oldest sweep it up, they did let me make him hold the dustpan. He knows better than to *pet* the bags now.

Hell, my 4 yr old got onto ME when I accidentally put a T-shirt back on the display, folded and everything, but it was in the wrong pile! "MOMMY! This shirt doesn't match! It goes in this one. You're silly."

I can't seriously wrap my mind around a mother acting like the one in the OP.....good lord.
                    ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth teelaz View Post
                      I guess we saved your Job!
                      "And I just saved you from parenting."
                      You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Reminds me of pretty much every time I go to AE clothes shopping. Except these aren't kids (unless you count the teen mums who bring in the SUV sized strollers and the drooling toddlers inside of them lean out and pull clothes off hangers and onto the floor), these are older teenagers and people my age!

There will be a display of shirts or tanktops....and these girls will just throw shirts all over until they can find their size....the discount racks always look trashed because "ZOMG! PANTS FOR $12!" RIIIIIIIIP! And there goes 4 or 5 shirts next to it right onto the floor.

I get so disgusted at that....sometimes I've refolded clothes and gotten weird looks from the employees, a few of them have said "You don't have to do that" and I've answered "I know, but you shouldn't have to clean up after spoiled rotten rich kids and idiot parents. You guys are too busy to have to deal with this on an hourly basis." I think they appreciate it.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                          I get so disgusted at that....sometimes I've refolded clothes and gotten weird looks from the employees, a few of them have said "You don't have to do that" and I've answered "I know, but you shouldn't have to clean up after spoiled rotten rich kids and idiot parents. You guys are too busy to have to deal with this on an hourly basis." I think they appreciate it.
                          I've gotten told that too. I was looking for a dress shirt and they had a bunch folded up on a table (not wrapped or pinned, just folded), so I was unfolding them so I could see what they looked like. I only looked at 3 of them, well as I was folding 2 of them back up one of the employees comes up.

Him: "Oh, I'll get that, we actually have to fold em a certain way."

Me: "Oh, I'm sorry, didn't mean to mess up your system (jokingly)."

Him (smiling): "Hey, at least you tried, most people don't even do that."
                          <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

That reminds me of something I observed several years ago.

I was bringing in carts from the parking lot when I noticed a woman and her mother wheeling their full cart of stuff out to their car.

They unloaded everything and then the mother went to return the shopping cart to one of the corrals. Her daughter told her "No, mom, you don't need to do that. They have people to bring the shopping carts back into the store."

So she left it loose in the parking lot, and the two of them got into their car and drove away, leaving me to chase after their loose cart.
                            Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 05-19-2008, 11:54 PM.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                              to them!!!
                              Nah....this should REALLY do the trick . They're too good for trout slapping.
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X