Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I try to leave for work a half hour early and do some extra bicycling every day. The commute itself is helpful enough, but if I can get in some hills, so much better. And you're right, it is more satisfying than home workouts.

Comment

• Almost the final hospital visit on this today. Off warfarin - woo! Nice chemical to visit, but I wouldn't want to be on it permanently.

Bisoprolol for beta blocking - advised by the consultant to stay on a lower dose until January as a precaution, so the few side effects are going to be reduced.

Follow up ECG in three months to check progress and no backsliding by the heart.

Yay!

Rapscallion

Comment

• Always good to get off a drug. How's the exercising coming along?

Comment

• It ... isn't? I'm trying to blame this on two things - one was wrenching my shoulder, and since I'm no longer sixteen it's taking ages to heal. The other is the bisoprolol with it's known side effect of lethargy, which for me tends to hit mid afternoon.

I'm now on a lower dose and hope to get rid of that excuse, though that's still precautionary. Got to my GP today and explained the situation, and she's happy with the progress so far.

I really need to kick my arse into gear on the eat less and exercise more front. On the amusing side, the consultant I saw on Tuesday said that he was astounded I was still on 10mg bisoprolol as that's a 'huge dose'. It's actually the maximum permitted according to the leaflet in the pack. I'm an inveterate reader. I'm now on 5mg of that and 2.5 of ramipril for blood pressure reasons and just in case the a-fib returns.

Things are a bit better, but I need to stop being unfit and stuff.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
          X