This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've got to move these color TV's.

Quick story that happened yesterday morning. In broad daylight at around 1130, someone snuck into an unlocked room and jacked one of our TV's. Though not huge, still flat screens, so it'll cost us a bit.

Even dumber, even though we had a clear picture of the guy on tape, the GM was hesitant to call the police until our front desk manager kept urging her.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Just wait until you find microwave ovens, custom kitchens, and refrigerators missing from your store.
    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

Comment

COUGH..COUGH.
      Huckster, you damn near cost me a monitor.
      Back to the OP, so who's the bigger moron: the thief who stole in broad daylight on camera, or the GM who refused to report this to the police? And what does the franchise owner or corporate think of that decision?
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
        COUGH..COUGH.
        Back to the OP, so who's the bigger moron: the thief who stole in broad daylight on camera, or the GM who refused to report this to the police? And what does the franchise owner or corporate think of that decision?
        I think the GM is worried about what the franchise owner or corporate will think about the unlocked door more about what they'll think about losing one TV.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

...who's the bigger moron: the thief who stole in broad daylight on camera, or the GM who refused to report this to the police?
          While this's not a great example, being this blatant improves your chances of walking out unchallenged as no-one wants to believe anyone would be so dumb...
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

who's the bigger moron: the thief who stole in broad daylight on camera, or the GM who refused to report this to the police? And what does the franchise owner or corporate think of that decision?
            They're both equally stupid. The GM is probably both embarrassed at this situation (maybe she unlocked the door?) and afraid that she will lose her job, thus the reason for not reporting to police. The criminal was dumb enough to do this in broad daylight and on camera, so stupid points go to him, too.
            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I would look

I would look for a connection between the thief and the GM.

Comment

Now that ain't workin... that's the way you do it!
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

You play your gi-tar on the M....wait, never mind. What stations actually still play music videos?
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                    I would look for a connection between the thief and the GM.
                    Yeah, my thought too, although the "too embarrassed and doesn't want to lose her job" makes sense, too.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

COUGH..COUGH.
                      What corp. will say is that the cost of the stolen TV is just the cost of doing business. Just like my pizza company does with stupid complaints and scammers

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      You play your gi-tar on the M....wait, never mind. What stations actually still play music videos?

NOW if you can find the FULL version of that song these days, GOOD LUCK.
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

So much stupid to go around. Do we have enough?

*Checks faith in humanity* Sadly, we have more then enough stupidity to go around.
                        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I don't know if they're aware of it, but I think the electronic lock isn't working, which they need to change. I just found this out tonight, so I'll talk to my relief in the morning.

Update: CW just called to let me know she's going to be late because her car won't start in the cold. She's our front desk manager so I passed on the info about the room's door lock. Here's what I learned:

-The guest registered to the room was caught by police.
                          -The registered guest was given money to rent the room for someone else
                          -The registered guest told police that the other person admitted they intended to steal the TV.
                          -The other person knew the room is in a camera blind spot. Though that still didn't prevent us from getting a clear view from another camera.
                          Last edited by EricKei; 11-13-2014, 12:09 PM. Reason: Time for a post fusion dance
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                            -The guest registered to the room was caught by police.
                            -The registered guest was given money to rent the room for someone else
                            -The registered guest told police that the other person admitted they intended to steal the TV.
                            Accessory before the fact.
                            Tell me both of them are on your (and hopefully corporate's) DNR list.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I should've learned to play them drums....
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X