Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Title was too awesome it hurt.

A customer wants to get an ipad for her daughter (guessing 14-16 age?) but has another daughter there (8-10 age?) too who is looking very upset like she's about to cry. So while looking stuff up for this and going through the usual sales stuff I ask if everything is ok. I already know what's going on here but I want confirmation.

Her response is: oh I think the only way to make everyone happy is if I were to get 2 ipads.

Pretty much as I thought older daughter getting ipad and little sister is sulking because she doesn't get one.

Now I do my usual bit to see if they are getting anything with it but everything I mention the little sister while sulking gives a very firm and upset NOOO!

As I expected they don't get anything with the ipad because while she isn't caving the mother isn't making the problem any worse.

So while this wasn't a very good sale at least it was amusing watching that kid sulk like that.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Yay for a parent not giving into her kid's sulking at least.

Comment

What's this? A parent with a spine?! SOMEONE check the thermometer, I think hell just froze over
      Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
      What's the difference?
      We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

How much does anyone want to bet that the younger child will get hold of the older one's iPad eventually and tear the sucker up and Mom is either a) calling manufacturer and screaming to have it repaired/replaced or b)showing back up at the retailer and doing the same?

Methinks Mom may have bigger issues than the iPad.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Or, since the older child, who wasn't there for the purchse, is getting one, presumeably as a surprise, maybe the same is happening with this one, and she is getting one, but mom was letting on about it. You just never know.

Comment

no she was there, both daughters were there
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
              What's this? A parent with a spine?!
              Definately something you don't see every day.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

What's this? A parent with a spine?! SOMEONE check the thermometer, I think hell just froze over
                Tell me about it. Where I live, I do not think it has been above freezing (even during the day) this week.

Now, I know who is to blame.
                I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

-grins- Hell did in fact freeze over! It even got snow. >.> Hell MI at least. Sorry I could not resist.

As to the OP. Awesomesauce in having a customer that was a parent who had a spine!

Comment

Working...
                  X