This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife telling it....

My wife and I work from home. Sometimes I hear her when she's talking to a client.
    WIFE: Yes, it's <relevant information>. No, it's <relevant information>. True, but even then, it's <relevant information>. Look, you can ask this same question 500 different ways but it's still going to be the same information.

I had to close the office door and go into the kitchen to laugh....
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Was she talking to an Alzheimer's patient. My mom had to answer the same query repeatedly kind of like that.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

No. She only works with office professionals in her field.
      I have to be ambiguous, I'm sorry.
      Last edited by Nurian; 11-19-2014, 08:07 PM.
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
        Was she talking to an Alzheimer's patient. My mom had to answer the same query repeatedly kind of like that.
        oh believe me plenty of people think the answer can change if you ask again and again.
        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
          oh believe me plenty of people think the answer can change if you ask again and again.
          Are we there yet?

I got to ask that question in the Ambulance on the way from one hospital to another and we all laughed a lot over it. That was the Ambulance man in the back with me, the cardiac nurse accompanying me and (of course) me.

If you want to know I have had a pacemaker inserted and am home again now. They say they will see me back in 8 years when the battery runs out.

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
            Are we there yet?
            We're directly above the center of the earth.

... as I used to tell my trunk squirrellies ...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Yep, been there, had that same kind of questioning from idiots who can't accept an answer they don't like. Especially annoying when they call back a couple minutes later to ask the same question of one of my CW's.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

And here I thought that only happened at my job. Asshats all of them

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                  My wife and I work from home. Sometimes I hear her when she's talking to a client.
                  WIFE: Yes, it's <relevant information>. No, it's <relevant information>. True, but even then, it's <relevant information>. Look, you can ask this same question 500 different ways but it's still going to be the same information.

I had to close the office door and go into the kitchen to laugh....
                  Not the same question asked differently over and over BUT

When I used to work for the Trade Show company's IT dept. SAME THING EVERY FREAKIN MORNING.

Press Y2K there were certain procedures that needed to be done every morning. The same thing EVERY Morning NO CHANGE for 10 years.

EVERY friggin morning the person in the San Fran office would call (and you could set you watch to the time the call would come in) and ask how to perform said MORING PROCEDURE.

Drove me up the wall for a YEAR until we converted everything to a different system. NO amount of e-mails, FAX's or phone calls made a difference.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                    EVERY friggin morning the person in the San Fran office would call (and you could set you watch to the time the call would come in) and ask how to perform said MORING PROCEDURE.
                    Did he check most of his brain in Haight-Ashbury in 1967 and lose the claim stub? Cookies for reference.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                      Are we there yet?
                      Not entirely an invalid question when your vehicle is going 88 feet/sec (60 mph).
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                        Not entirely an invalid question when your vehicle is going 88 feet/sec (60 mph).
                        Or down, as Tater Salad has described before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRJpRu2RsSs
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                        X