This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast food traffic

Hello again all. Had an interesting experience today; the guy wasn't quite as sucky as most of the scs we regularly encounter here, but still, i have to share this.

a little backstory: as you're aware I work at a Wendy's with a drive-thru window.
    What I HAVEN'T mentioned is that the drive thru gets so full during lunch it reaches FAR beyond the drive-thru itself. I'm sure all of you have, at one point or another, witnessed this phenomenon. Thanks to our set up, however, the traffic in our drive-thru can block traffic going into shopping center. I like to think customers can see they're blocking traffic and look for alternate ways to get in line, but as we all know, expecting customers to do the proper, thoughtful thing is all too often an exercise in futility.

There's an older customer who comes in fairly regularly to the actual restaurant; I don't know what he has to deal with but he's always grumpy and has an annoying tendency to communicate via grunts. This time, though, he actually used words, making me wish he'd struck with his usual grunting.

Me:
    OG: Older Guy
    Me: My thoughts

OG: *finishes order* Hey, you know you have a lot of cars in your drive thru.
    Me: Yeah, the drive-thru's crazy busy during this ti-
    OG: It's blocking traffic.
    Me: you want to let me FINISH, pal?
    Me: I'm sorry about that sir, we try to clear it out as fa-
    OG: You need to get someone out there clearing traffic or I'll call the cops and get you guys fined or arrested.
    Me: Wait, what?
    Me: I'll...do my best sir?
    OG: *grunt* *pays, grabs food, walks off*
    Me: ...have a nice day?

Some more backstory I forgot to mention; cops HAVE been around the entrance to the shopping center that our customers occasionally block, but they're only there once in a blue moon and mostly go after the jaywalkers anyways. (/backstory)

In short, they're fully aware of the situation, but choose not to do anything, and even if they do, who do you think they're going to charge; the people who are ACTUALLY blocking the entrance or the restaurant they're going to be driving through? Just a real moment there that I had to share.

I'll be sure to keep you posted if OG's threat actually leads anywhere (fat chance but you never know).
    Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
    --Unknown

I love when people's first reaction is to go for legal action.
    "Waaaaaah against the law, waaaaah, arrested, waaaaah, suing and fines and lawyers."

I swear, some people only bitch to hear the sound of their own voice.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
      I swear, some people only bitch to hear the sound of their own voice.
      In a perfect world they'd be all "waaaah, the world is perfect, there's nothing I can complain about waaaaah!"

Comment

You'll call the cops and have US arrested? Cool, here's a phone, go right ahead.

Cops show up, listen to OG, take him in for being a fucktard and wasting police resources.
        GFY

Comment

I worked at a restaurant in the same building as Wendy's. Their drive through would always be backed up during lunch and would reach past ours and of course those in the Wendy's line would block in our customers trying to leave the DT window. The design was inherently flawed I must admit but you would think that those in the Wendy's line wouldn't have to all bunch up so closely. It's not like the tighter the line the sooner they'll eat. Well, we would have customers actually suggest that we send someone out to direct traffic.

I understand your pain man.

Comment

Arrested for what? That's a good one...lol.

Comment

Quoth karath View Post

OG: You need to get someone out there clearing traffic or I'll call the cops and get you guys fined or arrested.
              arrested? ARRESTED? For what?

This is why I don't do the face-to-face customer service anymore...I don't think I would be able to hide my discontent/amusement with this knucklefuck very well.
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth zara1269 View Post
                The design was inherently flawed I must admit but you would think that those in the Wendy's line wouldn't have to all bunch up so closely. It's not like the tighter the line the sooner they'll eat.
                But... that's one of the cardinal rules of driving! I see people trying to follow it every day! The closer you are to the car in front of you, the faster you get to where you're going. And don't forget the corresponding rule of traffic lights: the light changes sooner if you constantly roll your car forward about three inches at a time.

This is why I take the bus whenever I can. I prefer to walk into fast food places to get my food anyway. I feel more relaxed, and I can actually take the time to look at the menu.
                I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                - IPF

Comment

We have a drive thru at the pizza place where I deliver. One night, after we closed, someone drove part way through and then cut across the strip of land into the parking lot next door smashing some kind of electrical box on the way. The manager of the cell store next door came over and threatened to sue us if we didnt' get it fixed. We all just started laughing and he fumed back to his store.

Comment

you know what's sad, this guy, and many, MANY others have no clue what the actual law is, and yet they always turn to it, and many, for reasons we can only stare in confusion at, win those legal battles.
                    We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Quoth d962831 View Post
                      you know what's sad, this guy, and many, MANY others have no clue what the actual law is, and yet they always turn to it, and many, for reasons we can only stare in confusion at, win those legal battles.
                      True... one of my co-workers says "what crazy country's laws has she/he been reading?" so often it's almost his catchphrase.

Comment

Working...
                      X