Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have friends who answer their phone in a way I swear they are saying "Yellow?"

So when I call and get the "Ye-llow?" I go "Maroon!"
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

standing ovation for Rerant

Apparently the store is that at the first test for the phones Mr Bell said Hoy Hoy as his greeting.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
        Dodgy fly-by-night companies that ignore DNC lists. Seriously.
        As a former TM, I must tell you that they, if reported, could face fines of up to $10,000. (or more if it's gone up since I stopped harassing people for a living) Seriously. Every time they call you after your request to be put on the DNC List they could face a lawsuit of $500 from you (again maybe more or less if the law has changed).

Proper way to deal with TMs:

TM: <spiel>
        YOU: Hi, I don't appreciate these types of calls, please put me on your Do Not Call List (which they are federally required to maintain).

If the TM does not end the call IMMEDIATELY (ie: s/he rebuttals) ask to speak with a supervisor and repeat above line, along with a threat to sue for harassment if you receive a call from this company again.

Putting your name on the State/National DNC's only work if they are cold calling you (ie: you have never done business with the company before). If you are a current customer, or ever had a service with X Company, they can call you to re-solicit your business.

Hope this helps

SC

PS: Please note, my knowledge on this is dated to about 2004 things may have changed in the intervening period.
        Last edited by BroSCFischer; 03-06-2008, 05:36 PM.
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          I have friends who answer their phone in a way I swear they are saying "Yellow?"
          They probably are saying "yellow." I've done that before. But then, I use about 30 different ways to greet people, and only about half of them are actual greetings, and a third of those are in other languages.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
            standing ovation for Rerant
            The percentage of my life that is spent quoting either The Simpsons or South Park (and sometimes, to a lesser extent, Family Guy and King Of The Hill) is staggering.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
              The percentage of my life that is spent quoting either The Simpsons or South Park (and sometimes, to a lesser extent, Family Guy and King Of The Hill) is staggering.
              Were you angry that in the most recent episode they finally decided to poke fun of Edna's last name? Because I was PISSED! That means it is really over!
              JB: Are you the grief counselor?
              GC: Oh, God, it never ends.

Cas@Mindsay

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

So when I call and get the "Ye-llow?" I go "Maroon!"
                Aqua-Marine!

Comment

they voiceover was "[marketing spiel in Chinese] Shitty pants!".
                  for the first time here, i would have violated rule #1 in the most horrific of ways; good thing i wasn't drinking anything.

yellow?

NO, PURPLE.

argh, i'm glad we get the telemarketer on the occasional blue moon.
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                  X