This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel SC Exhibit B

People don’t listen half of the time. Most hotels have information for the guest they tell them at check-in…guests usually acknowledge information… then either come down or call later saying either they hadn’t been listening, angrily that no one told them anything, or basically force me to rattle off information again. Some people can’t seem to find the elevators even with precise directions (it’s the left/right that seems to be the problem), and I have to walk them to them like a little kid…at which time they tend to get short with me & look dumbfounded. Even if I assure them a room exists, they claim it doesn't because they looked before. Apparently the other wing appeared out of thin air. Magic!

Our hotel requires more then a government ID to receive the government rate. Our Sales Dept & owners have set guidelines that seem to be only for their hotels. I have been shown the bylaws that government workers are basically forbidden to ask for government rate unless and only if they are on official government business (it even says especially on weekends). Does this stop them? No. We are told to ask for a government check or credit card (this usually insures the guest is traveling on government business). Most guests go, “Well, I work for the government.” Rather then explain the bylaws (that they should know), I just tell them our hotel requires the guest to be on government business in order to receive the rate. This means the room has to be paid for with a government credit card or government issued check. Many willingly admit they aren’t on government business. Many insist on arguing, but frankly these are not my rules (which I explain). We aren’t even allowed to offer the government rate for military employees, but we do if they have their orders in transport with them. We also get what are referred to as, “government contractors”, which technically means little more then civilian contractors who are working for the awesome wages the government pays them. They ask for the government rate, but of course non of them have government IDs. And oh the arguing, "Well, everywhere else doesn't need that." "I stayed here before & got the rate (most often it was when the hotel was opened back in 2000...rules change)." "I have never heard of that requirement" etc etc etc

People ask us if we have swimsuits for sale…We are only a basic 3 Star hotel. We have no restaurant nor bar, let alone a gift shop. WHERE THE HELL WOULD WE PUT THEM FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE!? Guests are always surprised...

Some people (and they are in the U.S.) have called up after 2am and before 6am demanding to speak to management. Nothing is that bad… Some lady even claimed I personally stole her backpack of things since I told her I couldn’t get into management’s office (yeah, no key sorry) or call the manager up at 3am. Even though I hadn't even seen what she was referring to. Apparently her child’s vitally important meds and some nice electronics were in the bag. If we find really expensive things…they get locked away in management’s office. There is a reason, and it’s not because I am lying. Call during "normal business hours", if someone called you in the middle of the night looking for the same thing how happy would you be?

It doesn’t happen much anymore, but we take addresses and phone numbers like any hotel I have ever stayed at…well some people seem to think we run a telemarketing service, too… Or that we are going to tell their number for telemarketing purposes. I have been accused of wanting to call people's home numbers later. Yes, you caught me, I want you to by my quilt & I have nothing better to do then hurass your tight-ass about it.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

First, thank you for telling me that we aren't the only people that require the government rate be for official travel only.

Oh and I get that also with people refusing to give phone number and address... umm hello, we need the phone number so we can contact you in the event of a natural disaster that closes the hote or other similar event that closes the hotel... don't believe it can happen, we closed all our san diego hotels for a week during the fires and people swore there was nothing that could affect san diego... and the address is for billing purposes... oh and yes I need a credit card to hold them room, no I'm not going to steal it, trust me you can't possibly have a high enough limit to make it worthwhile for me to risk my job and prison time, and for the love of God do not specify "confirmation email only, no solicitations"... we don't send out any solicitations to begin with so you don't have to ask us to not send something we don't send anyway... ugh
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Been there, done that. And the worse part is our Gov. Rate is only $5 cheaper.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        Been there, done that. And the worse part is our Gov. Rate is only $5 cheaper.
        i've seen the government rate be higher than the normal rate... then people get upset that it isn't a discount (um, I specifically said "per diem" that is what the government says it is willing to pay so that is what we charge)
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
        X