This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Young and The Restless

Today seemed to be taken right out of a soap opera. Luckily, I was not involved; just unlucky enough to be exposed to it.

The first suck comes from our favourite restaurant. The short of it is that the restaurant is owned and operated by 2 people: the cook and the waitress. Thing is, they use to be married and recently divorced, yet still work together. It's a very nasty combination because there are some days we will go there and they will be yelling in the back kitchen at each other. On other days, the waitress will be out front talking to friends and discussing the situation openly with friends who stop in... even when there are customers.

Now normally this would be enough to keep me from going there at all, but the food is just so damn good and apart from that little detail, we actually like the both of them and often sit for a while after eating talking to the waitress. I just do wish sometimes that they could keep the place a little more professional and the drama outside of their place of business.

Queue the second stop today at our favourite tea shop where there were a group of ladies, young to middle age, who decided to have their own episode of The View at their table. As much as I love hearing about your "bastard, good for nothing husband who does nothing all day and takes no responsibility for himself", I actually look very forward to a nice, calm, relaxing time at the tea shop with the soft Spa Station playing in the background with some fantastic cultural music playing, not to hear a group of ducks quacking about their miserable family lives in public for the world to hear.
    Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Oh the Drama-Queens of the world, I just love the one sided Drama when people are on their cell phones yelling loud enough for the entire store to hear.
    It's a tough row to hoe, and I'm just the Joe to hoe it.

Comment

Hey, Y&R is my fav soap

Yeah, drama people are tons of fun. I have to admit I am an eavesdropper and really nosy. I have to know what people are gossiping about or talking about. I think it's all so much fun when people are so worried about others and spreading it around like herpes.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

If the first restaurant has a suggestion box, you might put an anonymous, polite note in the box preferring a drama-free lunch/dinner.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Hehe it's privately owned, so there is nothing like that there.
          Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
            Hey, Y&R is my fav soap
            I'm partial to Irish Springs, myself.

The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Haha. Irish Spring keeps deer out of your garden.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                Haha. Irish Spring keeps deer out of your garden.
                So Geek King will never be kissed by a deer?

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
                  The first suck comes from our favourite restaurant. The short of it is that the restaurant is owned and operated by 2 people: the cook and the waitress. Thing is, they use to be married and recently divorced, yet still work together. It's a very nasty combination
                  Sonny and Cher managed it for quite a while... even after they divorced they kept working on their show together. They had a huge mansion out in the hills; she moved into one wing with her boyfriend, he moved into the other wing with his girlfriend, and they were able to keep it professional for as long as they were on the air. As he put it, no reason to break up a money-making concern just because they weren't married to each other anymore.

Admittedly, not everyone can be as professional as that. There's maybe a reason that S&C were top entertainers and not running a restaurant somewhere...

Comment

That's also a reason that a lot of times coworkers who used to date can bring down an entire work area.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                      Sonny and Cher managed it for quite a while... even after they divorced they kept working on their show together.
                      Of Course, the writers took advantage of it and changed the nice, loving couple banter to lots of barbed comments, etc (which were quite funny) so in some ways it made the show a bit better at times.

Madness takes it's toll....
                      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
                      X