Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lupo's Shopping Shenanigans part seventy billion...or I looka like a man?? ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They’re just mangoes, go get some more?
    irony that she's saying this after grabbing yours.
    cos apparently getting her own was too much effort? but... for other people it's so easy to get more from the display.

what a cockwallet (or twatwallet if you prefer)

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post

Same here. Shoes are the first thing to come off when I get home from work. And from Friday when I get home until Monday morning, I don't wear proper shoes. Of course, now I've got the the most interesting tan going on on my feet....

I've had a birkenstock tan the entire summer. Wearing the same sandals every day will do that to you.

That reminds me--I need to find someplace that resoles birkenstocks, since the rubber on the soles is sloughing away, even down to the leather on one of my sandals. I really don't want to buy a new pair and break them in. But this will have to wait until fall or winter, when I'm not wearing them and they've had a chance to air out.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
        Yeah, at least until I meet the creep who is creepily turned on by such instances.
        "Hey...!" *fondle, look of confusion* "I thought you were a guy...? You're sick!"

Side note: Hot... but I'm not a creeper, I hope...
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

yes, lupo and i are of one mind; the mango is sacrosanct-do not defile the mangos!

i'm mailing you a slatted wooden spoon, lupo, for those occasions when an idiot accosts your mangos (or lesser items ); that way, you get to relieve a bit of frustration and they learn a well deserved and painful lesson-HANDS OFF MY DAMNED BASKET!

yep, pagan, those seagulls were exactly what i had in mind, with a bit of gollum tossed in for effect:

MIIIINNNEEE...my preciousssss
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I lurves wooden spoons. I got a set of bamboo cooking utensils. HEAVEN!! Now I don't have to break out the good bamboo to hit people with!

I'm out of mangoes. Sad. Have to go get more. But, Asian pears are now on sale. Anyone know what those are like? Are they any good? Do they taste like regular pears? Halp?

Yes, mangoes. Mine, my own, my preeeeccciouuussssssssssssssssssss mangoes!

Comment

Its been a while, but arent asian pears a little sweeter and crisper than regular pears? I like them.
              Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I don't know, that's why I asked...silly Whiskey.

Comment

They're like a cross between a golden/green apple and a pear. Crisp, but with a fairly delicate flavour. I use them to make yummy fish sauces.

Comment

I don't know, that's why I asked...silly Whiskey.
                    i was asking everyone else god youre annoying

ihu

ily
                    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

ahh whiskey and her fickle love.

Comment

I toss my vote in for asian pears as well. A little expensive iirc in my area tho. You should get peaches.
                        EDIT: yeah, if they're on sale, definitely get some. Expect something kinda like pear-- but not like pineapple or mango.
                        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

no, nothing even touches the eternal delight that is the mango; anyone who claims such is delusional.

guava is a semi-distant second, though.
                          look! it's ghengis khan!
                          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I'm out of mangoes. Sad. Have to go get more. But, Asian pears are now on sale. Anyone know what those are like? Are they any good? Do they taste like regular pears? Halp?

Yes, mangoes. Mine, my own, my preeeeccciouuussssssssssssssssssss mangoes!
                            I presume you mean Nashi Pears? They taste like a cross between an apple and a pear that's all I know.

And as for the mangoes....my mind assumed that was a metaphor for something else...
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'm with fireheart. They taste like what they look like - half apple, half pear. They're really quite nice. Unlike most apples which have a texture like they do, they don't go mealy after a mere three-four days in the fridge.

Comment

Working...
                              X