Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guilty of asking "are you sure?" when it's something actually relevent and important.

Two Saturdays ago, a girl came up to me at the bar and said "AMBER! How are you!"

I'm like "I'm not Amber...." and she said "Are you SURE? You look just like her.."

I got a little bitchy and said "No one else walking this planet looks remotely like me....I'm positive my name is blas."

If someone out there does look like me, I better change my style.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      I got a little bitchy and said "No one else walking this planet looks remotely like me...
      I wouldn't be so sure about that. There's someone in my city that looks like me. Enough so that one time at a resturant, a family seated across from me asked me if I was sure that I'd never lived down the street from them. I also learned my doppelganger attended the technical college in town, too. And apparently went to a High School in the city, as a former co-worker swore up and down she recognized me from a video yearbook.

And I do admit to using "Are you sure?" But generally when I use it, it's used as a way of asking for expansion, explanation, or clarification of the thing that prompted me to ask the question. I don't use it for "We close at 9 tonight" or "We're sold out."
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
        I also learned my doppelganger attended the technical college in town, too. And apparently went to a High School in the city, as a former co-worker swore up and down she recognized me from a video yearbook.
        "
        speaking of dopplegangers... either arena boy has been going to Salt Lake Community College without telling us or he has a doppleganger.

My favorite are you sure question happened tonight in wendover at the blackjack table
        dealer- "i'm sorry sir, you have 23, you have busted"
        idiot next to me- "are you sure that's how much I have"
        now if she had 5 or 6 smaller cards I could see the question, but she had a jack, a 3 from the deal and got a king from her hit... so let's see, 10 plus 3 equals thirteen, and another 10 and you get... 23... pretty easy math there sweetheart.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

That's like when you tell a customer that you are out of stock on a particular item and they respond, "No? You don't have any out back?"

Oh, out back! As if I'm completely unaware that there's a stockroom I need to check.

No, not even out back.

Comment

Working...
          X