Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dense, dense, DENSE woman (2 of 4, long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seeing as how the lady pronounced it "lehmark" instead of lexmark, are you sure english was her first language, and perhaps that's why she had problems understanding what you're talking about (such as your slang, "in the middle of the road") ?

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
      seeing as how the lady pronounced it "lehmark" instead of lexmark, are you sure english was her first language, and perhaps that's why she had problems understanding what you're talking about (such as your slang, "in the middle of the road") ?
      I was thinking the same thing. Also this phrase (assuming it is an exact quote and not a typo):

DW: You no have these?
      Even so, she needs to learn to listen!

Quoth karma_gypsy
      Plus, how the heck is she the owner of a computer? I'd hate to see her try and even hook an all-in-one up (and load the drivers and such, plus there's also computer/system compatibility).
      Much like having children, you do not need to know how to operate a computer in order to own one. My parents have a friend who is living proof. He has passed this wonderful quality on on to his son, as well.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

That woman would have me beating my head against a wall, once she was out of the building.

But as someone else mentioned, with the pronunciation of Lexmark, and the "you no have" (assuming not a typo), it really feels like English is not her first language, and she's really good at hiding that fact.

Quoth Zeeko View Post
        Lexmark = YUCK YUCK YUCK

I would reccomend NOT buying an Epson CX5500, they have a notorious issue with 'rejecting' cartridges.

HP I hate as a principle and Canon are my middle of the road. Come to think of it I have nothing to recommend to people - each printer sucks in its own way, either the carts are overpriced or the quality is rubbish.
        I had a Lexmark, and it sucked feces.

My boss has an Epson, and it works great, but I dislike inkjets of any variety on general principle because they tend to be a bit messy, and take a lot of replenishing of supplies more often than I think should be necessary. My company goes through a phenomenal amount of inkjet cartridges as compared to toner cartridges, yet at least 95% of all of our printing is on the laser machines.

I also think the chipped cartridges are annoying, especially when a supposed 100k cartridge can print out another 1-2k pages after it would stop if you left the "stop printing when low on toner" option going.

The HP LaserJets I've had I've adored, and these are pre-owned ones my company picked up at auctions. They've all been great, for the most part. Although the slick roller thing can be a pain. But supposedly a little rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab will fix that right up.

Quoth cravenmorhead View Post
        My hatred of HP comes from their bundled computers.
        I only judge brands based on like system comparisons. There's no reason to reject a superior printer because the company that produced it produces an inferior laptop. Correction: There's no logical reason.

I don't see any reason to have less than the best just to be stubborn. Cutting off the nose to spite the face, and all that. *shrug*

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Hmmm...

I'm looking out into the hall and I see a HP Pavillion from 2004 that's still going strong. Very nifty machine that I've had no problems with.

I look next to it and see a PSC 2410 inkjet all-in-one that also dates from 2004. No problems there either - apart from pricey cartridges.

Clearly it's one of those "your mailage may vary" things...
          I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

Quoth Crazyredhead View Post
            Hey, what so bad with Brothers. I have a 4 year old fax, printer, copier, pc copier and scanner and the print is clear and good. I haven't had to clean it but once in all those 4 years and it is still going good. Yes, the black is is sorta expensive ($22.00), but the color inks are only $13.00 each.

I do not like Lexmart. I had one that was noisy and had poor print and was slow. I will no go back to one.
            that's strange We've been using lexmarks for about 5 years with no problems. the only downside is their ink cartridges are more expensive than than their units.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

I only judge brands based on like system comparisons. There's no reason to reject a superior printer because the company that produced it produces an inferior laptop. Correction: There's no logical reason.
              When has logic had anything to do with the world of computing? Honestly?

After having such a poorly constructed laptop, or dealing with a poorly constructed desktop, it gets one wondering. How well constructed are their printers? Besides their constant feeder issue, their printers are decent. I would own a HP laser printer. But I wouldn't touch one of their computers.
              Always,
              Craven Morhead
              --
              ... Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer, my terminal, or the view out my window are purely coincidental.

Comment

The woman at least initially seemed to be able to converse properly in English, albeit with an accent. I think that she started getting frustrated and when that happened slipped back to poorer English. My guess would be that she had to concentrate more to speak better, and getting frustrated kept her from concentrating as much.
                "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Hail, BM Slave.

I am so so sorry. I had 3 customers a night like that at least.

-cries self to sleep-

Comment

I've had printers from just about everybody--HP, Samsung, Brother, Star (remember those?), Epson...and even NEC. At home, I have an HP4100, and a 712 Deskjet. The 4100 was a salvaged item from work. When we bought new Samsung printers awhile back, I was told to make the HP "disappear." I didn't do that though--I took it home, cleaned all the crap out of it, and it works fine.

That's how I got the pair of NEC printers (which were truly shit, I might add!) Even when they were new, we had problems with them. They'd jam up constantly, mainly because certain types of paper would literally chew up the rollers. When I was told to get rid of them, I did. I put them out by the dumpster at work...and someone took them both. Good riddance.

And yes, I hate the Lexmark printers too! Those things had to be *given* away and rebadged as Compaqs to get rid of them
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

When has logic had anything to do with the world of computing? Honestly?
                      Just so you know, this sent me off crying with laughter. I had to take a circuit logic class.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Some days I really, REALLY think there should be a basic comprehension test in order to buy a computer.

Comment

I was just talking about this with the boss lady.

I mentioned that I think every new computer should come with several mildly annoying screens explaining certain basic realities (such as not being able to start the email program for the first time without a window popping up about phishing scams) that require a checkbox be marked before continuing.

It would be like the Terms at the beginning of online games that nobody reads after the first time, if at all. Slightly annoying, but possibly useful in the long run.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                            Just so you know, this sent me off crying with laughter. I had to take a circuit logic class.
                            Yea, those classes are fun. That is where I came up with my theory that the early computing word had some weird rodent fetish.
                            Chipmunk - digital circuit simulator.
                            Squirrel - mail program
                            Elm - ditto (Squirrels live there)
                            Pine - ditto
                            TKRat - ditto
                            Mouse - Self-explinatory.
                            Lynx - web browser (hunts squirrels)
                            Nuts - People who use/program computers.

It was actually a little disturbing.
                            Always,
                            Craven Morhead
                            --
                            ... Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer, my terminal, or the view out my window are purely coincidental.

Comment

Nuts - People who use/program computers.
                              At least we're the fun kind of nuts, instead of the "I'm eating babies to stave off the invasion of mutant moose" kind. Unless we're gaming, of course.

Besides, I get the neatest looks when I use NAND and NOR (as used in comp. logic) as conjunctions in regular conversation.
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Can you say "Lexmark"

Quoth CorDarei View Post
                                I don't know why it is, but I find that a high number of customers can't say Lexmark, and it has nothing to do with ethnicity, age, or anything else.

I hear the following almost daily -
                                Leemarx (is he groucho's brother?), lexmarx (Karl's brother?), Leemark, lehmark, lensmarx, lehmux, lessmark, leesmarx, lennox, lemmox, lummox, lexus, lexen.

AAARRGGGHHH... is it really that hard - L E X M A R K - lexmark. Go back to primary school people.

Comment

Working...
                                X