Shenanigans.
    Probably.

The fantasy is good for a chuckle.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
      Probably.

The fantasy is good for a chuckle.
      True, but if it is true I hope the cops nail him to the wall. All that over a freaking pizza that you were 90% sure was fake anyway? Please, what would you do if someone scratched your car in a parking lot? Kill them?

Plus I can see this being on CNN Headline News if it were true, so I'll stick by my previous conclusion.

Comment

Include me in the not amused camp. A return pranking should only involve the original people from the original prank. You involved the mom, and the police. Strike one.

You escalated far beyond the scope of the original prank. Strike two.

You tied up emergency personel for your revenge. Strike three.

Oh, and the police are likely to send a unit to the original prankee's house to check on them, so you're waking them up AGAIN.

Sorry, swing and a miss. Not only seriously not funny, but several levels of immature and poorly thought out.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I like that you taught the prank caller a lesson, but the way you did it by making the mom freak out horribly and pretending that you were a police officer was not cool and risky.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'm afraid I have to agree with Gravekeeper et. al. While getting revenge on a prank caller is funny, you went way overboard into the realm of stupidity. Getting her in trouble with her parents is fine, but impersonating an officer and faking your own death is likely going to wind up with you fined/in jail. There's a fine line between giving someone their comeuppance and just being downright mean, and I think that line's somewhere about half a mile back.

Not to mention that you've given people enough clues/hints about who you really were that it won't take anyone with half a brain much time to find you. You -might- have gotten away with the fake officer bit if you hadn't sent them to the courts. But methinks you found yourself some rope to play with and it was just long enough for you to hang yourself with it...

Comment

MY GOD, SPROCKET!

(roflmfao!)

That is down right ******* EVIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just please, if you ever do that or anything like it again...... Make sure your have a tape recorder with you. He he, that would be the ONLY way to make the story better - hearing it with the OFFICIAL tone of voice and "OHMYGOD"s

And if you ever get tired of delivering pizza, with a mischieviousness like that you would fit right in at a haunted house.

Comment

Yeah, this went so overboard. And not in a good way. Impersonating a police officer, getting an innocent mother all hysterical over nothing, falsely claiming a shooting that will eventually get to the police station, actually sending them to the police station thus tying up the officers time and make them unavailable for real shootings... need I go on? Hope you've got a good lawyer 'cause something tells me you're going to be needing one.
                "But I don't want to be among mad people."
                You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

Lighten up people.

It was not the most responsible or intelligent thing to do, but, in reality, that girl was committing a fraud. Had he not caught her in the prank call, he would have been out of pocket for the pizza until the next day. I assume he would be reimbursed when he returned to work, but the company would be out the cost of the pizza.

Yeah, the OP went overboard to catch her in the fraud attempt, but seriously, some people need to stop taking themselves so seriously and develop a sense of humor.

To the OP, this was only approved because of the humor of the situation.

Bear in mind that CS does not condone impersonating a police officer and scaring the crap out of people for revenge, not does it condone tying up the police with people running in to report their part in a nonexistent crime.

Also to the OP: Just how long ago did this take place?
                  Was it recent? If so, there may be consequences.

Was it a while ago?
                  Please enlighten us on how the police or your employer handled it.

It is a little reminiscent of this prank against a telemarketer:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un_PjRXV5l8
                  Last edited by Ree; 03-03-2008, 05:28 PM.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                    Also to the OP: Just how long ago did this take place?
                    Was it recent? If so, there may be consequences.
                    I believe it happened last night.

Rapscallion

Comment

Thanks.

That's what I get for reading with a head that feels like mush.

I looked to see and I completely missed that part.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                        Lighten up people.
                        Sorry but no.

How many people who were truly in trouble suffered because this idiot sent these people to the police station?

Not to mention the stress and emotional pain it put on everyone involved (over $20 for at most a day and some gas?). Plus the harm he put towards himself. The place he delivered it to originally, they know what company he worked for (and that he isn't dead as they didn't shoot him) so he'll be found out quite soon, and will probably face jail time, as well as law suits. Hell, he could get defamation of character from the woman he claimed shot him.

Did the girl deserve a lesson? Yes, but he could have ended the call by saying "Actually that didn't happen, I'm not a police officer, but please stop making prank calls and grow up"

What he did was more immature, dumber, and more dangerous than pranking a pizza order which he even claimed in the original post as "not bothering him anymore"

Comedic value or no, I cannot believe that the mods are allowing this post to stay on here, especially when they say over and over again "We do not condone"

Then, don't condone, and don't give everyone else shit for not agreeing with it.

I'll be awaiting my PM chastising me or my banning now as I'm done with this thread.

Comment

Quoth Princess-Snake View Post
                          Yeah, this went so overboard. And not in a good way. Impersonating a police officer, getting an innocent mother all hysterical over nothing, falsely claiming a shooting that will eventually get to the police station, actually sending them to the police station thus tying up the officers time and make them unavailable for real shootings... need I go on? Hope you've got a good lawyer 'cause something tells me you're going to be needing one.

If you thought THAT was overboard, I should invite you up here to see the crap the police routinely pull...

Sounds like HE would make a better cop than the cops themselves.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                            Sorry but no.

Comedic value or no, I cannot believe that the mods are allowing this post to stay on here, especially when they say over and over again "We do not condone"

Then, don't condone, and don't give everyone else shit for not agreeing with it.
                            I second that motion! The OP was WAY over the top with revenge...if this story is in fact, true.

I mean, she pranked a pizza place...OPs response was way more inappropriate than her little prank. Maybe just merely calling her out to her mom...without impersonating a police officer...would have sufficed...but the rest of it - WAY uncalled for....again, if this is actually true. I don't see why anyone would want to waste time pulling something like this off.

By the way, I hope draftermatt doesn't get "banned" for speaking his mind. I would be really disappointed in this site if that was the case.
                            Last edited by friendofjimmyk; 03-03-2008, 05:57 PM.
                            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

How many people who were truly in trouble suffered because this idiot sent these people to the police station?
                              Well, I'm pretty sure not a lot, as they may or may not have actually gone to the station and they would talk to someone there.

I doubt there would be any police pulled off of regular duty as a result. I never said it was not an irresponsible thing to do.

I'll be awaiting my PM chastising me or my banning now as I'm done with this thread.
                              I did not give anyone "shit" for not agreeing with it.
                              I was cautioning not to overreact and resort to dramatic conclusions as to what will take place regarding the incident, but apparently, that fell on deaf ears.

I am really not feeling well today, and I should probably step away, but I have to say, I am really tired of the attitude that, just because a member disagrees with a mod, or calls them out publicly, instead of using the report button or PM'ing, they will be banned.
                              It happens on a daily basis, and, if that was our policy, our membership would have dwindled by half long ago.

Quoth PsychoSamurai View Post
                              If you thought THAT was overboard, I should invite you up here to see the crap the police routinely pull..
                              This thread will NOT be turned into a rant or attack on the police, so jump off that train right now, buddy.

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                              ...if this story is in fact, true.
                              Which is exactly why I was cautioning against overreaction, and why I posted the Tom Mabe link.
                              We have a fairly new member whose posts are still under "newbie" moderation and who has not really established any kind of history.
                              While I hesitate to accuse anyone of embellishing, he wouldn't be the first to do so.

Why don't we all reserve our rage until we actually hear back from the OP as to what consequences there were, if any?
                              Last edited by Ree; 03-03-2008, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Part of the reason I approved the thread in the first place, Matt, was that I expected members of the board to rationally point out that the course of action taken wasn't the best and why. In most instances, and in general, I wasn't disappointed. We're not here to say that the people serving customers are always right - there are several areas of the forum that prove otherwise. It's the sort of community we need here.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                                X