• Show
Clear All

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
    The Bachelor: Gravekeeper Edition ?

OK, what the heck's a grue?
    What is a grue?
    hmmm
    Q: Why are you scared of the dark?
    A: Because you're likely to be eaten by a grue.

Q: What is a grue?
    A: "The grue is a sinister, lurking presence in the dark places of the earth. Its favorite diet is either adventurers or enchanters, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its horrible fear of light. No grues have ever been seen by the light of day, and only a few have been observed in their underground lairs. Of those who have seen grues, few ever survived their fearsome jaws to tell the tale." - Zork I

(courtesy of somethingpositive.net)
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      OK, what the heck's a grue?
      It's something that makes us old fogeys nostalgic for the good ol' days, when you knew the exact number of bytes in your mainframe's ram. None of this "so many kilobytes" stuff, or even "megabytes". Heh. I even hear that you whippersnappers are doing "gigabytes" of RAM and "terabytes" of hard disk space... back in my day, we appreciated every single byte!

But no, I only walked just over a mile to school, and it was mostly flat. The five miles and uphill stuff was my dad's day.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
        But no, I only walked just over a mile to school, and it was mostly flat. The five miles and uphill stuff was my dad's day.
        Hey now, I DID walk uphill both ways. I want the respect due for that. Or maybe a cookie...
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Geek King, I have half a box of Thin Mints and a whole package of Chips Ahoy around here somewhere.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
            Hey now, I DID walk uphill both ways. I want the respect due for that. Or maybe a cookie...
            I can give you some fig newtons... they're fruit and cake!

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I was going to say, someone used to play MUDs. Ah...how I miss walking into a dark cave and getting that message...

Grues RULE!!
              My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                Well, there's one I'll never be able to tell my grandkids. No 5 miles to school, uphill both ways for this grand dad. I lived across the street from school. My total walking distance was about 30 yards and it was all level.

Dang, deprived again. Well, not to worry. I have plenty of other stories to bore the crap out of them with.
                This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

I have to hand it to you GK.....yet another great phrase introduced into my already impressive lexicon.

"Penis otter" indeed. I can't wait to use THAT one!

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  Geek King, I have half a box of Thin Mints and a whole package of Chips Ahoy around here somewhere.
                  Mmmmm.....Thin Mints....mmmmmmm......
                  Last edited by Jester; 03-04-2008, 08:41 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

From http://xkcd.com/91/

Welcome to text only Counterstrike
                    You are in a dark, outdoor area
                    >GO NORTH
                    You have been pwned by a Grue
                    "Jester, I have an opportunity for you." Uh oh. What does he want me to clean? "It 's a chance for you to make some extra money." Crap, it must be really gross!

-Jester

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                      I really should have just kept my mouth shut, shouldn't I have? -.-
                      I hope that was a rhetorical question? You know your fangirls well enough to know what we'll seize upon!
                      Last edited by Ree; 03-06-2008, 11:44 AM.
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Uh-

Hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

Stewart

Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          Mmmmm.....Thin Mints....mmmmmmm......
                          Alas, my Thin Mints are nothing but a fond memory....should remember to buy additional next time around.
                          That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

:OT:

I was going to buy some Thin Mints on Sunday. Walked into Borders and there was a group of Girl Scouts set up outside. Walked out just 20 minutes later and nothing. *poof* gone.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I think I just spewed my lungs, never mind my drink, all over my monitor. "you will be eaten by a grue", indeed. Ow.
                              Love and time, those are the only two things in all of the world and in all of life that cannot be bought, but only spent. from Aztec, by Gary Jennings (R.I.P.)

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                                Ah, the holy grail of CSers worldwide. Being the first to post on a GK thread.
                                Actually, a large number of members are already claiming not to read past the first post in his threads anymore, nor post in them because they are really sick of all this annoying "fangirl/fanboy hero worship" crap, causing his threads to span pages and pages of nothing but "OMG GK iz 2 kewl 4 wurds!!!"
                                In fact, it even became a fratching topic, although actual names weren't used.

Please, guys, it really isn't fair to Gravekeeper to have people ignoring his threads because members go off on these tangents.

We've asked before, repeatedly, for the members to stop the derailing into idol worship.

Yeah, he's talented. He has a way with words. I think he already knows that, and he knows how people feel.

It would be great if people would stick to discussing his actual posts instead of turning the site into a GK love-fest.

He's only one of the very talented people who share stories.

Rabid fandom detracts from his great posts and causes hurt feelings.
                                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                                X