This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Return of "What Do You Mean..."

I don't work in the accounting department, but that is where my desk is currently located as I needed to be moved away from the front office supervisor that kept picking fights with me, and I do a lot of things to help the CFO/new owner. (alas, my old boss lost his fight with cancer... he will be muchly missed)

Our accounting lady, who I will refer to as Autumn, had a particularly bright star call in this morning.

The call she took was a request for an invoice to be faxed.

SC: I'm sitting right next to the fax machine.
    Autumn: Ok, I'll get this faxed over right away.
    SC: (irritated/suspicious) What do you mean by "right away"?
    Autumn: (confused) I mean that I will be faxing it to you in just a few minutes...

What is there to be confused about over the phrase 'right away?' And the caller spoke English as their native (and likely only) language.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Sorry to hear about your boss.

I had a professor in college who was absolutely awesome. They had him teaching 'Investment in Success', really, a rather blow-off class for most. My teacher would come in every Monday, make us all get up out of our seats, and do a little dance-y ritual with him. Made my weeks, let me tell you. He was an awesome teacher, and our class was the first one he'd managed to teach in a while, because he'd been sick. He made it through the semester, and the semester after, and then was hospitalized again, as the cancer came back. Two, three semesters later, with no updates on his condition, we were told he'd passed.
    I was very sad. And still am.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

(totally OT in my own thread)

When my boss was diagnosed, his doctors were all shocked he had such an advanced case, since they only caught it due to biopsy. It was prostate cancer at the start. Thankfully, when it got down to the really bad side, it was actually really quick.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I hate that. You're standing there with the fax machine just across the room, free and available, and the customer spends the next 10 minutes arguing about just when "now" means. You want to scream at them "I could have had this faxed and confirmed in the amount of time we've spent arguing!!!!!" Idiots
        My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Some of the people here have actually said, flat out, "You could already have your answer in-hand if you'd just faxed over the request in the first place like I said." We have one salesperson who runs her particular department, and she only quotes via fax (which is the only way any of them do it with our new-ish system), and if a requirement is more than, say, 2 parts, she'll make them fax it, no other option.

Needless to say, we're not some big corporation, so we don't have to have some inoffensive public face to our customers lest we offend someone with the truth.

^-.-^

Comment

If your CW had said, "I'll fax this document when I damned well feel like it", I'm sure the SC on the other line wouldn't have had any trouble knowing what THAT meant.

Idiots.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
            X