Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neener, Neener, Neener (a trifle long)

Lady called with a complaint on Tuesday (1st day back from massively sick, only came back because of time sensitive, deadline-type stuff) and I forwarded the information to the concerned parties.

A little bit of background; I am the clearinghouse for vending machine complaints on campus. All of the vending machines, which are serviced by 2 different companies; one for snacks & one for sodas. No big deal, really. It just gives one of my bosses a central repository of complaints so that he can track those & track refunds. I maintain a spreadsheet with the information.

Her complaint was quite valid, regarding a broken machine. She called back yesterday, because the problem had not been fixed. First thing I checked, had I screwed up & not sent the information to the company. Next thing, did I get confirmation of the complaint, from the company. Answer: yes to both. So I get her info, and her request to be contacted before the end of the day.

I sent the complaint again, with the notification number the company provided when they originally responded, and with the urgent tag on it. I did put my request for information nicely. I also gave the boss in my office who's concerned with the vending machines a heads up & gave him lady's information.

In the meantime, the campus is rocked by the news that the student body president has been murdered by party or parties unknown. Most people are little distracted.

Lady just called again & with the immediate demand to speak to my supervisor.

I don't care. Lady, you can complain about me all you like. I have done exactly what I'm supposed to do. And didn't you notice that you're calling a campus number and therefor I don't work for the vending company and neither does my boss. All I can do is tell them about the problem & try to prod someone. So pbbbbbbbt.
    I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

UPDATE:

My boss did talk to her yesterday. When she called this morning she all but said that no one had called her back yesterday.

She was so rude, he cut the call short. More or less: 'yep, I heard you. Bye.'
    Last edited by TryNotToBeThatOne; 03-07-2008, 03:44 PM. Reason: oops, forgot
    I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

That's the school you're at?! I'm so sorry. That was terrible news. The casual evilness of the crime seems more frightening to me in some ways than the recent mass shootings at other schools.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Yeah, and Spring Break is next week, so students started leaving yesterday. They had a big memorial yesterday & a candlelight vigil last night. I didn't even know her & I'm off & on today.

Comment

Working...
        X