This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh, we're on the phone...

I used to work in the call center for the company I work for now. They do market research, so I would call people and try to get them to do a survey. We'd call the States and Canada. Now of course, a lot of the time I'd get hung up on (mostly Americans, I'm sorry, but it's true...Canadians 95% of the time say no thank you) but I'd get a lot of people to stay on the line too. Now keep in mind, I was always polite, and I read like I was actually interested in what I was doing. Here's one man:

Me
    G: Guy

We're part way through some survey when he starts getting frustrated, probably because it's too long

G: You're not even looking at me when you speak to me
    Me: (Huh? How did you know I was looking out the window and just reciting this to you?) Sir, I'm sorry, but I can't look at you, we're on the phone
    G: YOU'RE NOT LOOKING AT ME, why should I do this survey if you won't even look at me?
    Me: Again, I'm sorry, but I really can't look at you if I'm on the phone with you, I can't see you.

And after that we just kept on with the survey.

Just say no to drugs, kiddies.

Sheeesh.

Comment

Glue needs to have larger warning labels about the fumes.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

You forgot to turn on your video phone...lol.

Comment

He could have been pulling an AngryCas move.

Comment

WOooooooooooowww... He's... um... Wow.

Maybe he has some kind of mental issues?
            "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

Working...
            X