This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just admit you like Twilight

This isn't a Sucky Customer, but it sure was funny!

Went to see Toy Story 3 for the third time today, this time with my family. It doesn't get old either, I absolutely love it.

We were in line waiting to buy our tickets, and there was a couple ahead of us. The boyfriend was complaining to the girlfriend.

B: All the movies are kids movies! Look! Cats and Dogs 2. Toy Story 3. Shrek 4. The Karate Kid!
    G: Not all of them are kids movies...
    B: What are we supposed to watch? The only thing left is Eclipse! And that's for girls! But I guess that will have to do. I don't want to watch a kids movie.
    G: Oh, look! What about Inception?
    B: I uuuuhhh...well, I thought you would want to see Eclipse...
    G: I'm not really bothered...
    B: OK...uhhh...well, perhaps we'll go see Inception another time. We'd better stick with Eclipse...

Yeah, I think he secretly wanted to see it.

Yeah, I guess he better stick with Even More Fabulous Adventures of Sparkles the Vampire .
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

LMAO!!

Using his Girlfriend as a [twilight] beard....

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Yeah, I guess he better stick with Even More Fabulous Adventures of Sparkles the Vampire .
        I started describing the series with that phrase at work, and got an earful from a fan.

The Twitlight books are like Volvos. They're solid, unimaginative, boring and have a huge following, but people hate them because they're driven by Volvo drivers.

Comment

Quoth draco664 View Post
          The Twitlight books are like Volvos. They're solid, unimaginative, boring and have a huge following, but people hate them because they're driven by Volvo drivers.
          I prefer to compare the Adventures of Sparkles the Vampire series to World Cup soccer.

Too long, boring, nobody scores, and all its fans insist you don't understand it at all.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            Irv, I....I think I love you!
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

The Finnish for "new moon" is "uusikuu"... which I think sums it up quite nicely.

Unfortunately, the Finnish for "eclipse" is "epäilys", which isn't quite so conveniently punnish.

Comment

Um, hey guys, there are Twilight fans on this board. Just so you know. I don't share my opinions on how much I dislike anime and most cartoons and other stuff I find dorky and geeky, please don't insult something I like.

Granted, I am not one of those screaming, out of control "ZOMG TWILIGHT MUST BE FIRST IN LINE!" people, and I haven't read any of the books and I never even saw the first one until it was actually out on video, but I DO enjoy the series and the cast and do tire of the constant jokes and making fun of Twilight fans. We aren't all pathetic 14 year old girls, ok?
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I was in blas' boat, liked the movie, couldn't see why anyone made fun of it, blah blah blah.

And then I struggled up to chapter 5 of the first book.

My enthusiasm keeled up and died.

As it stands, I hate the books on the basis that they are badly written and I am utterly OCD about sentence structure and typos and a NOT cliche plot. I hate hearing about the movies because I don't find Pattinson or whoever plays the werewolf sexy, at all. I don't bash the books or the movie, I just walk on by, indifferent.
                  Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                    As it stands, I hate the books on the basis that they are badly written and I am utterly OCD about sentence structure and typos and a NOT cliche plot. I hate hearing about the movies because I don't find Pattinson or whoever plays the werewolf sexy, at all. I don't bash the books or the movie, I just walk on by, indifferent.
                    I'm just very meh about it all, mostly because I'm avoiding the books in self-defense. My Twi-fan sisters agree that the books would drive me nuts because of how they're written. I'd spend too much time nitpicking the writing to get any sort of entertainment out of it all. Same major reason I won't read the Inheritance Cycle at all.

That said, the first two movies were tolerable to me and I'd actually go see Eclipse again (for cheap). I give props to Eclipse's screenwriter for an entertaining movie.
                    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

There's someone I work with, a bit older than me, and someone I have a deep respect for. She enjoys the Twilight movies and is the only reason I might eventually get around to seeing them. Mass marketing kills any desire I have to watch a movie. I can't go to the bookstore/department store/etc without being assaulted by the marketing blitz surrounding these films.

And I agree, the guy was definitely a fan!
                      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

About the OP, yeah he wanted to see it . If you like something, go for it, don't care what others think (as long as it's legal )

As for Twilight, to me it is like a lot of other things. I get made fun of for a lot of things I like (most not very 'manly'), and am happy being outside what is called 'normal' (normal can be boring, who wants to be boring?). So although I personally don't like Twilight, live and let live is the best way . I will respect your views on something as long as I am allowed the same courtesy. When you start trying to 'convert' me, then is when we will have issues lol.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

What Mytical said +1 (Well said [Dude/Dudette])
                          "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                          Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

I just can't get into Twilight at all. I just don't understand what the fascination is. I attempted to watch Twilight but fell asleep half way through (plus I thought Edward came across as creepy and stalker like) and I turned off New Moon about 45 minutes in because I had had enough of Bella sulking.

A friend of mine told me it was probably because I hadn't read the books, and that they were better than the movies. She gave me a copy of Twilight to read, but I gave up three chapters in.

So I have tried! But sorry, it's not for me.

Comment

I watched the 1st Twilight movie on cable. It seemed like everyone was on Valium.
                              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
                              X