Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not big on books, I probably won't read them.

I do like True Blood as well. I don't have HBO or digital cable, it's another one of those shows I watch at my bf's house. I only watched the first 3 or 4 of season 1, and I had every intention of renting seasons 1 and 2 from the video store over the 4th of July weekend, but whomever had season 1 never brought it back on time and I thought it would be silly to start 2.

Nevertheless, season 1 disappeared from OnDemand, so I ended up just having what I watched from 1 in my memory and started 2 anyway. Bf and I watch a couple of episodes every weekend......then I'll finally be up to speed on season 3.

It's really weird, but as it goes on, it gets better.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
      Twilight - Never read it, never seen it, don't get all the hype - though i did watch The Runaways recently and Kristin Stewart actually did an impressive job as Joan Jett

I do however watch TrueBlood, haven't read the books, but feel that TB is what Twilight wishes it could be - Darker, grittier, more sinister, better (imo).

I am actually a crazy Twilight fan If somebody new at work asks me if I have seen the movies everyone laughs, cause that other person has no idea how I love it. I am not some crazy teeny bopper so it surprises a lot of people that I am like the 411 on Twilight stuff. I can totally joke and laugh at it.

I also understand those that can't stand it. I read the books and loved them but when I went on to read other vampire books I realized just how bad the Twilight books were written.

Kristen Stewart rocks and these movies are not her best. She does have some awesome movies out there.

But now I am a True Blood addict even more

Comment

I can also understand why there is such a herd mentality "anti Twilight", but it just bugs me that people who like it get teased and made fun of to the point of beyond ridiculous. It's just movies and books. Really.

If I were to make rabid fun of Harry Potter fans, I'd probably be beaten senseless.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Have you seen the previews for that movie, "Vampires Suck"? It's made by the Cinematic Diarrhea Duo Friedberg and Seltzer, so now anti-Twilight people will have a bad name.
          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
            I can also understand why there is such a herd mentality "anti Twilight", but it just bugs me that people who like it get teased and made fun of to the point of beyond ridiculous. It's just movies and books. Really.

If I were to make rabid fun of Harry Potter fans, I'd probably be beaten senseless.
            The stars of the movie are scared of their own fans. I can't wait to see how they spin the whole pedo-theme of the last book (is it the last book??). I've never read the series because its poo, but got a run down from a friend who knows somebody who reads them.
            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

There's the same mentality against any fan that takes things just a little too far. Just look at the heaps of scorn laid on Trekkies (or Trekkers or whatever they are called).

Comment

Yeah, the few 'rabid' people always ruin things for the more sane people. I've had the rabid "Butyougottoliketwilightitisthemostoriginalbestest s.." talk with somebody. I felt very much like saying "BREATH! Take a blasted BREATH!" and that..I can do without. No reason to make fun of the others that like it, however.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I'm actually gonna pop the Twilight books onto my iPod to listen to at work tonight. I started to read the first book, couldn't make it past the first couple of chapters. However, since then, I've listened to the entire Percy Jackson series on audiobook (up until Last Olympian, which I didn't have on audiobook at the time) and I've sort of grown accustomed to bad writing after that, so maybe I'll be able to make it through Twilight now.

Comment

Yeah, it's one thing when there's a few rabid fanboys or fangirls of a series... but when more than half the teenage female population are rabid fangirls, it gets a bit ridiculous.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                      Yeah, it's one thing when there's a few rabid fanboys or fangirls of a series... but when more than half the teenage female population are rabid fangirls, it gets a bit ridiculous.
                      Beatlemania anybody?
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My wife is a twihard, and I am a fan too. The books were an ok read, read better read worse. The movies are getting better as they go.

The first one made little sense on it's own, you had to have read Twilight and Midnight Sun ( Cookies to anyone who has read this ) to understand it, but the story had was changed needlessly ( lots of important details left out ).

The second stood on it's own as a movie and as an adaptation of the book. You could watch it without having read the book and there was no details that were left out.

The third was excellent it expanded the story in some spots to make a better movie ( The Seattle Vampires ) and shortened others without changing the intent of the story ( The Legends of the tribe )
                        If it makes sense, it's not allowed™. -- BeckySunshine

I've heard of breaking wind but not breaking and entering wind. --- Sheldonrs

My gaming blog:Ghosts from the Black

Comment

After making it through most of Twilight last night at work, I find I'm actually digging it. It's not the best-written thing out there, the conflict so far is practically non-existent, and some parts are laughable, but I'm finding it an easy listen. It's MUCH easier to tune out the bad writing when it's being read to you...does she have to use SO many modifiers and descriptors? And what happened to a good old "he said" or "she said"? Why is everything, "he mused", "she insisted", or even "he asked angrily" or "she said wearily"? Sometimes you just need to know "he shrugged", not "he shrugged uncertainly". We KNOW a shrug is uncertain...

Yeah, I still probably couldn't sit down with the book at this point, I'd get too annoyed at the writing style. But to zone out at work with the iPod, letting the story get told rather than trying to read it, it's actually not that bad. :P

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                            The stars of the movie are scared of their own fans.
                            I'm not surprised, the actor who plays Percy Weasley got death threats after book 5 was released. But we all know there are crazy people out there.

Comment

Ya think?

I remember reading that when he was playing a despicable bigamist on a soap years ago, before the cape and tights, Christopher Reeve got slugged in a restaurant by a fan with issues.
                              Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Maybe the guy knew his girlfriend was going to make him see it eventually and thought that night was the night so he had already mentally prepared himself. Then when he found out she didn't want to see it that night, it threw him off and he just wanted to get it over with already.
                                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
                                X