This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campus sightings

Okay, neither of these should surprise me on a campus where my first week here I had the pleasure of witnessing a group of people talking about how they didn't understand why people call this the third whitest school in America, only to interrupt themselves to exclaim "holy shit, look, it's a black guy" (I wish I was making that up)

Tale number 1 of today
    A few things to you good sir:
    1- you are being very loud in an open atrium that is used as a study area... some of us would actually like to, you know, do studying as the area was set up for.
    2- I don't care about your sexual exploits, those can be kept to yourself.
    3- just because the person that you are talking (if you can call it talking) to doesn't care doesn't mean he's a gay raging homo
    4- seriously, you just called him a gay raging homo again, what is your obsession with homosexuals.
    5- seriously dude, what the fuck, you just called him that again... I don't think you'd recognize a gay raging homo if one were kicking your ass.
    6- Dude, at this point, if I weren't leaving for my next class you would have a gay raging homo kicking your ass... then we could find out if you recognized one while they were kicking your ass.

Tale number 2 of the day.
    Happened while I was walking through the student center, the LDS institute has a booth set up trying to get people to enroll. One of the girls comes up to me (I shall call her sucky recruiter, or SR) and we have the following chat
    SR: Hi, would you be interested in joining Institute.
    Me: No thank you.
    SR: Are you sure, it's really fun and will give you a lot of spiritual insight.
    Me: No thank you, I'm not Mormon so I don't think it's for me.
    SR: Oh, you don't have to be Mormon, you just have to have an open mind and be willing to learn about the Gospel of Christ.
    Me: I know what I need to know about the gospel.
    SR: Come on, it is a great experience, there is always more you can learn.
    (okay, at this point, I will admit to not being as polite because well... damnit, I've said no three times and even justified saying no twice, back off bitch)
    Me: Okay, will those in the class be open minded to different points of view?
    SR: As long as it is according to the Gospel of Christ.
    Me: So, a view that homosexuality is not a sin, and that gay people deserve all the equal rights and protections under the law as heterosexuals are granted, and that the church leaders who excommunicated me because of my sexuality are all royal douchebags that should burn in hell would be accepted? I'm sure I could find verses somewhere to support that view.
    SR: Umm... maybe Institute isn't right for you.
    Me: Yes, I do believe I said that three minutes ago, you could have saved both our times if you had listened to me then.

Seriously, if I say I'm not interested, then I AM NOT INTERESTED. Badgering me about it isn't going to change my mind.
    Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 09-10-2010, 03:08 AM.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Pwned!

Great story. My jaw hurts trying to hold the laughter in (I'm at work).
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I LOVE that you pwned her... If I'd been able to retort, I could have had a similar experience. This girl kept trying to get me to go to Chi Alpha, this Christian fellowship on campus, and kept going on and on about it...I so wanted to speak up and say, "Actually I'm going to my LGBT Straight Alliance meeting right now. Is it still ok if I come by later? "

Also: you should have kicked that first guy's ass anyway. Your prof would totally understand.
      "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
      "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
      Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
        I LOVE that you pwned her... If I'd been able to retort, I could have had a similar experience. This girl kept trying to get me to go to Chi Alpha, this Christian fellowship on campus, and kept going on and on about it...I so wanted to speak up and say, "Actually I'm going to my LGBT Straight Alliance meeting right now. Is it still ok if I come by later? "
        Hey, and if he says "sure" you either need to run away faster, or you know that they're the cool ones to go to.

And Smiley: 1-6 is HILARIOUS.

Comment

wouldn't a "gay homo" be straight? it is a double negative....or at least one could not be both happy and raging.....I think I just hurt my brain.....
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
            wouldn't a "gay homo" be straight? it is a double negative....or at least one could not be both happy and raging.....I think I just hurt my brain.....
            *BSOD* Err...don't do that to me. I haven't had coffee in 3 days, and still getting over this cold.

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            (okay, at this point, I will admit to not being as polite because well... damnit, I've said no three times and even justified saying no twice, back off bitch)
            You were completely justified. There's missionaries around here who just will not take no for an answer. Sounds like the lady who cornered me about 2 weeks after I moved to UT by the supermarket. It took me telling her to piss off before she'd leave me alone. :-/
            Coworker: Distro of choice?
            Me: Gentoo.
            Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
              But neither "gay" nor "Homo" is negative. ;-)
              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

It would have been interesting if you had kicked his ass. It could've been justifiable as a study in behavior, with item number 5 being your hypothesis. Totally collegiate. Now that theory will just have to go on unproven...

Comment

Wonderfully pwned, Smiley. Continue making us proud.

How much you wanna bet you get cross eyed looks from her every time she sees you on campus?

Comment

Rofl pwnt.
                    1 - :quote:if you recognized one while they were kicking your ass.:/quote: I doubt this guy would recognize one even if you swapped in an 'f' and a 'u' for the 'k' and 'i'.

2 - funny around here the Mormon's are usually the nicer Do take no for answer group. the pushy ones need to be reminded that it says in Acts "if they will not listen, walk away" (can't rem chapter/verse). the pushy ones really drive me nuts esp the immediate family, the ones you can't just brush off.
                    It's a tough row to hoe, and I'm just the Joe to hoe it.

Comment

Or the old definition which simply means "happy".

Comment

SR: As long as it is according to the Gospel of Christ.
                        Me: So, a view that homosexuality is not a sin, and that gay people deserve all the equal rights and protections under the law as heterosexuals are granted, and that the church leaders who excommunicated me because of my sexuality are all royal douchebags that should burn in hell would be accepted? I'm sure I could find verses somewhere to support that view.
                        SR: Umm... maybe Institute isn't right for you.
                        Me: Yes, I do believe I said that three minutes ago, you could have saved both our times if you had listened to me then.
                        You know, this is why I wait for your posts with nearly as much anticipation as posts by lupo. Your comebacks are concise, educational, to the point and very, very pointed Beautifully done.
                        Last edited by greek_jester; 09-10-2010, 06:28 PM. Reason: formatting snafu
                        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Greek Jester, I can't really compete with Lupo... she truly comes up with them on the spot... I knew they were going to be there and had already worked out responses in advance.
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

he's a gay raging homo
                            dang. dunno about your college but mine has explicit rules banning harassing other students over a multitude of subjects including religion, race, and sexual preference. in popular hangout areas (such as student lounges) they have reminder signs posted even.

same with the second girl.
                            an organization that tried to badger people into joining would not be well accepted here.

heh come to upstate ny

Comment

Greek Jester, I can't really compete with Lupo... she truly comes up with them on the spot... I knew they were going to be there and had already worked out responses in advance.
                              You can actually get them out, though. When I'm angry or frustrated I have a nasty tendency to stutter (or sometimes cry, just before you need to pry my teeth out of their ankles). I have great respect for anyone who can throw out an elegantly crafted phrase, no matter how premeditated.
                              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                              X