Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*sigh* what do you THINK I'm writing this thread about...?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

either that or my tolerance is just way way WAAAAY lower than normal...not that I had much to begin with...

Comment

More to add to Fire's post there - Teens often hang out at malls around here after school, after they've had dinner and done homework etc. One of the local malls, McArthur, put up a curfew about a year ago(?) that teens can't be alone in the mall, no adult supervision and without being at work, after 5pm. Made a large number of teens mad and I think many are still boycotting it... Since I get mistaken for 14 or so, I want to go there around 5pm and see how many security guards stop me...

-Passes Lupo some good hot coffee- Get well soon!
      Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Lupo, to help you get better as well, I don't know if you US folks carry Nyal, but I'd highly recommend Nyal Cold and Flu fighter. it's in tablet form and consists of somewhat natural ingredients-white willow bark, horseradish and elderberries (I think?). I've found it to work wonders for me, since I'm restricted to anything without psuedoepidepherine otherwise due to the medications I'm on.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth draco664 View Post
          Right, girls, to your corners.

Let's deal with this in a calm, logical and above all, adult manner.

Who's got the truck load of lime jello? Bikinis? Right, I'll get the broadcasting rights sorted. Anyone want to start a book? Cameras are not allowed, unless you really want to.

Ok, popcorn at the ready?

Action!
          Who's got the drool catchers?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

It's terrible that you're sick, but I notice this shopping post is shorter than most. So...you go girl!
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

First thought, seeing a Lupo thread in Sightings: Aww, Lupo went shopping again, poor Lupo. Second thought: Yay, Lupo being sardonic and evil to idiots while shopping!

Re: illnesses. I am fortunate enough not to get sick, thanks to my father's genes, since my poor mother seems to get every bug that comes by, and it's never anything simple, either. Me, I mostly get simple 24-hour (or occasionally 48-hour) bugs, which occasionally force me to miss work. If I'm sick and I have a late day at work the next day, I'll dose myself up with NyQuil (we love you, you giant fucking Q!). Otherwise, I mostly tough it out, and my refusal to kowtow to some virus' whims causes it to leave in defeat.

Yeah, when I'm sick, though, my tolerance for bullshit (never very high to start with) drops into the negative range. I get a lot more snippy with folks when I'm not feeling well.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                it's in tablet form and consists of somewhat natural ingredients-white willow bark, horseradish and elderberries (I think?).
                "Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"

*scuttles away*
                "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

Poor Lupo. Marmalady will look after you.

Bringing huge snuggly quilt and pillows, home made soup, mango sorbet to refresh the throat and blackcurrant rum for a good sleep.
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Lupo, when you're not ill you tell idiots who haven't got enough motor control to put on an appropriate amount of perfume on what the problem is, right? (I always phrase it as if they knew that it's in appropriate in a city to smell of perfume, because frankly, the fact that you're not supposed to stink is kind of hard to avoid).

And you were horribly cruel to that boy. He was trying to get you all flustered and upset and crying. How could you!?

Oh, and while you have a hard time with heat, the best cure I've found (if you can get it down) for a stuffed up nose is a teaspoon of cayenne in the hottest water that you can gulp down in one go. (Because you are NOT going to be able to force yourself to take a second sip). You might want to cut that back a little bit though.

Comment

Poor Lupo. You need to hide under some blankets till u feel better...lol.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                        Oh, and while you have a hard time with heat, the best cure I've found (if you can get it down) for a stuffed up nose is a teaspoon of cayenne in the hottest water that you can gulp down in one go. (Because you are NOT going to be able to force yourself to take a second sip). You might want to cut that back a little bit though.
                        I think this might be a good idea, perhaps not so much for the nose, but for the chest. I personally find that hot pepper, taken orally, works better as an expectorant than anything sold for the purpose, including Mucinex. I'm pretty sure they have the same mechanism of action too (local irritant, causes the lungs to begin secreting water from the bloodstream into the interior of the lung). Obviously you need to have enough water in the system to make this work, so keep hydrated. All that soup you've been guzzling certainly helps in that department. We used to call chicken soup "Jewish penicillin"; see, grandma knew what she was talking about after all...

Note also that if you're near a health food store, you can get empty gelatin capsule shells. (Used to be able to get them in pharmacies, but I haven't seen them at my wholesaler lately; when I need some for compounding, I buy them from the health food store next door. Advantage is that those are vegetarian, whereas the ones I used to get from Eli Lilly were animal-derived. Not good in an Orthodox Jewish neighborhood.) Instead of taking the cayenne in water, you might be able to load up a capsule shell and swallow it whole; this gets the stuff in your system without having to taste it. For all I know, a health food store may even have the stuff pre-loaded; ask the guy behind the counter. It may be labeled as capsaicin, which is the active ingredient. Just don't take too much, or it can get really painful to go to the bathroom. Trust me on this...

Expectorants are intended to thin secretions and make the inspissated crud in the lungs easier to cough out. I've also heard of doctors prescribing them for stuffed noses in cases where the stuff up inside there is thick and nasty, in an attempt to dilute it somewhat and make it easier to blow, which sounds like what you're using it for. (Make that "recommend" rather than "prescribe", because the only extended-release formulation of guaifenesin left on the market is Mucinex and that's OTC, not prescribed.) It comes in three varieties; if you get Mucinex-D, that's got Sudafed in it already, so that can save you from having to take two different tablets. (That one's also behind the counter.)

I hope you feel better soon; may the Deity of your choice grant you a full recovery.

Comment

*hands you soup and SC-be-gone spray!*

Comment

Lupo, you have way more self control than me. If I had gotten that bloody nose at such impecable timing, I would have used it against the SC on the bus. Maybe then it would teach her to be more careful.

And with your encounter at the pharmacy with the kids and the condoms, this would have been a perfect time to bring back Joseph.
                            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Probably, but given how abused my throat and vocal cords feel, I don't think I'd have been able to bring a very impressive Joseph at that point, I can barely talk as it is.

Re: The advice on hot pepper for clearing out sinuses. Ow, sounds painful, but I'm willing to try. I DID add some red chili pepper flakes to my latest batch of soup. Not too terribly much, but it's making my nose run, so maybe just enough for my low tolerance. I know, I'm a wuss. I admit it. What of it?!?! >.>

Comment

"And why are you running away from me like I've got the plague?!"
                                "Because -I've- got the plague and I'm trying not to give it to you!"

Thankfully I didn't get in trouble for that one...I think because it was during the height of the H1N1 scare last year and NO ONE wanted to get sick.
                                It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Working...
                                X