This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Whiskey View Post
    Report him to his supervisor, thats ridiculously rude.
    Agreeing here.
    Quoth Whiskey View Post
    I use ramen for my chinese cooking because they're cheap and easy.
    ...and actually not bad at all.
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

My youngest daughter is a nut for Ramen....loves it. I like the creamy chicken flavor and usually add stuff to it to make it taste more interesting. Soy sauce, just a little, is good to add too.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I love Ramen noodles! Chicken mushroom flavor...yummm. They used to have a Tomato flavor that I can't find anymore. I tried to approximate it by throwing in some cup-a-soup tomato soup powder. It wasn't bad.

Ramen noodles are great as a side dish with roast chicken and peaches. I love fruit with chicken.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I seriously lived off ramen for the longest time because it's soooo tasty.
          I've used the noodles for making soups, and then used the flavoring packets when I make mashed potatoes, if there's no gravy around.

I'll buy and eat ramen until I die, no matter how rich or poor I might be. It's quick, easy to make, and not hard to digest.
          Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
          http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

I just stocked up on ramen.....right now I am having it with soy sauce and hot sauce (will give the soup packet to my bf) but thinking of making it with veggie broth

In college....I always stocked up....every trip to the store, bout a few bucks worth. My roomates laughed at me...until we got snowed in
            "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              They used to have a Tomato flavor that I can't find anymore.
              I had completely forgotten about that flavor. That was good!

And guess what I'm having for dinner tonight?! Easy salad to throw together and I don't (for once) really feel like cooking.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Everyone's recipes sound good, and cheap. Maybe I will try ramen again. I am afraid I may have issues with digesting it though--all that white flour.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
                  On the ramen tangent... You should try fried ramen sometime....basically this.

Cook the noodles in plain water till they are just starting to get soft (you want to be able to pick them up in a square still), remove ramen and place into a wok or skillet with a little bit of peanut oil and your favorite veggies...I like zucchini, carrot and water chestnuts ((you can use regular oil but the peanut or sesame oil add a TON of yummy flavor)). Then in the pan you used to cook the ramen keep just enough water so you have about a cup or less (per flavor packetie goodness) and make a thick sauce. Add that to the wok and fry it all up till the juice is almost gone.

.....seriously yummy.... if you feel adventurous you can ditch the flavor packets and go for actual broth instead... but I normally stick with the packets cause it is cheaper.

^_^ Sorry, figured if we were talking about ramen and cheep food I'd throw it out there, because plain ramen gets old after a while.
                  That, except I'm lazy and go the cornstach path to thicken the 'broth' into your traditional Chinese takeout consistency :P.

My traditional additions to ramen are frozen peas and corn (only frozen veggies I eat, but I love them dearly). If I have it I toss in some bok choy (Chinese Cabbage).

As for where to get it? Well, I have it easy, in the store I get them in, it's in the instant noodle section. I <3 having a 24hr market run by Asians.

Comment

I think this what we call "supernoodles" I love the barbecue beef flvour, makes a meal on its own.But I have heard that the flavouring packet has a lot of salt in it.I have also packets of chicken curry flavour, and prawn flavour in mycupboards - about a dozen packs, useful if there is nothing else to eat.
                    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

This thread prompted me to buy a couple packs of Top Ramen this week. Mmmmm....

Comment

Working...
                      X