This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Marmalady View Post
    Or a favourite curse of mine: 'May your earholes turn into a**holes and crap all over your shoulders'.
    And if that doesn't quite do the job, here's a backup:

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your loins and may your arms be too short to scratch.

What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
      I don't know much about condos, but doesn't the condo owner own the land in front of the condo?
      Nope. With a standard condo, you only own the building from the studs in. You don't actually own any of the land... the condo association owns the land and is responsible for the upkeep. These can be attached or detached condos.

If it's a "site condo" instead of a standard condo, then the owner owns the building and the land, but belongs to an association that has specific rules about what can or can't be on your property - like my parents in Arizona, where they can't have any plants that aren't native. The association charges a small fee (compared to standard condos) for landscaping and snow maintenance, things like that, but since you own the land, the majority of the upkeep is your responsibility.

Not knowing where it is or pulling up the public record data, I couldn't tell you if this was a standard condo or a site condo. But either way, technically, the association can have a rule that containers aren't allowed on the lawn. I've seen things like that written into association rules before. But that's an issue between the association and the owner of the condo.
      Last edited by Wenchie; 09-22-2010, 12:48 AM.
      "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

To paraphrase an old joke...

Why are the politics in an HOA so nasty?
        Because the stakes are so small.
        Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

HOAs aren't complete evil. A lot of it has to do with the people involved.

One of my co-worker's is in a condo, and she isn't on the HOA, but she's very active in the meetings. For the most part, her HOA is pretty sane.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
          X