This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
    Got to meet Larry Elmore at last year's Charcon.
    I've got a few along those lines.

I met Larry Elmore, Phil and Kaja Foglio, and Ed Greenwood at GenCon (in different years). Anthony Daniels, too, when he was one of the guests of honor.
    "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

Phil and Kaja Foglio are treasures.....I ran into Phil in the dealer room at the con, he was browsing leather 'steam' style tailed coats, and actually asked my opinion...then ran like a kid to go ask Kaja if he could buy one! XD

Comment

Quoth Velfarre2001 View Post
        Chad Kroeger and Avril Lavigne came to shop at my store once
        Did you have to process a return for Chad Kroeger so he could get his nickel back?
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Just for that you need to process a return for Tennessee Ernie Ford. Better have a lot of carts handy because that one will be 16 tons.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth BPFH View Post
            I've got a few along those lines.

I met Larry Elmore, Phil and Kaja Foglio, and Ed Greenwood at GenCon (in different years). Anthony Daniels, too, when he was one of the guests of honor.
            Still need to met the Foglios. As for other scifi/fantasy artists...

Larry Elmore, Ed Beard, Sarah Clemens, John Palencar(*twitch*), Patricia McCracken, Larry Dixon, James Gurney, Charles Urbach... the list goes on and on...
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Sat next to Stephen King at a concert once.

Comment

Tim Daggett, Olympic gymnast in the 80s

Nikki Sixx and Donna D'Errico

Joey and Matt Lawrence (WHOA)

Allen West

Vanilla Ice

Donald Trump

Jared Saltalamacchia

The Dropkick Murphys

And one of the CEO/COOs of FedEx.

All of them were actually super nice, even the ones with "money"... But I'm nice to them first, not demanding... I'm not a "OMGCANIGETAPICTUREORELSE?" type. I'm a shake hands and compliment something about them (even if I don't agree with everything they do or say), then go on my merry way. Besides, I HATE taking pictures... I always look dumb in them.
                Why is stupidity not an arrestable offense?

Comment

I shook the hand of Steve Smith AKA Red Green at the premiere of the movie Duct Tape Forever, which was won as a prize for public TV fundraising during The Red Green Show's time slot. To a TV station in a town without a movie theater.
                  The start of the movie was already late by the time I got to the front of the line, so I didn't get a picture. Nice guy, though.

Comment

Got to meet this young lady Saturday night. 😀
                    Attached Files
                    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Patrick Monahan of Train apparently lives (or used to live) in the suburb of Seattle that my wife worked in at Target. Said she saw him all the time and even checked him out a couple of times, herself (As in he came through her line...I'm sure she 'checked him out' every time he came in ;D)

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                        Got to meet this young lady Saturday night. 😀
                        Is that Cassandra Peterson (a.k.a. Elvira, Mistress Of The Dark)? I recall her being a celebrity back in the '80s, so I wouldn't describe her as a YOUNG lady.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          Is that Cassandra Peterson (a.k.a. Elvira, Mistress Of The Dark)? I recall her being a celebrity back in the '80s, so I wouldn't describe her as a YOUNG lady.
                          She's 64 now but still looks amazing. :-)
                          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Adam Savage. It was at a con. Oh and Ik the troll.. what he is a celebrity to me!
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I haven't met any celebrities in the traditional sense but i once met one of the sons of the man that invented doritos (when i worked at the c-store)
                              If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

I got Bob Monkhouse, Roy Castle, Vera Lynn and Peggy Mount's autograph's one afternoon (helping out at a charity choir event).
                                My housemate got kissed by Nasty Nick Cotton when our local bingo hall hired him to formally open it after renovation, which probably tops my autograph book. :-)
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Cotton

Comment

Working...
                                X