This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you think of that??

They're remodeling my local Walmart which as much as I go there has been pretty painless since they moved so much stuff but anyway. I go today and I'm putting my stuff on the belt when the cashier holds up this black piece of plastic and asks if this is missing from anywhere on the counter. Yup, right from the very front. Cashier said a guy ripped it off and used it as a divider because....who knows! They just got these new registers put in two weeks ago. If there's no dividers I, ya know, just make space between my stuff and the order in front of me and keep on eye on it so it doesn't get mixed up. It must've taken some strength to pull the thing off. Yeah, I can't think about this too much because it hurts my brain.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Control Freak. That little plastic divider strip gave him his method to influence the transition between himself and the first customer at the register, and if they weren't going to GIVE him a divider strip, then by god he was going to TAKE a divider strip!
    At least, that's one hypothesis.
    -
    What always bothered me about those strips is the three-sided ones that are hollow won't trip the item sensor on the conveyor. They can actually get stuck on the lip of the belt opening and prevent the actual items from reaching the sensor, leading to a pileup of everything smashed together by the belt feed. Who thought THAT was a good design?

Comment

Just further proof that some people are assholes.

Our store got new pin pads, which cost somewhere around $500 each. By the end of the first day a couple were already damaged.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        Just further proof that some people are assholes.

Our store got new pin pads, which cost somewhere around $500 each. By the end of the first day a couple were already damaged.
        Ugh, those people; our new PIN pads are like smartphones-they work with a stylus, but also with your fingers, and only require a light tap, not pressure. Yet, even though I let everyone know nicely to "tap" the green button, most try to JAM the stylus through the damn screen.
        "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
        -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

You just know that the people who try to stab the stylus through the PIN pads are the same people who call up Red Checkmark or Death Star or Run Fast or Chirp Bug Wireless and scream at them because their phone is broken and by god, you're going to send them a replacement now, free of charge, don't you know who I am, I spend so much money on this phone it shouldn't be so damn fragile, what kind of shoddy business are you running, don't you dare put me on hold, get me your supervisor now, and I'll want compensation for this!
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth LoTech View Post
            Control Freak
            My biggest complaint about sucktomers here. They want to control everything, down to what I'm thinking. It's epidemic in this area for some reason. I haven't yet had someone tear apart equipment, though.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
            X