This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fudging Inspection Dates

We've all read the stories by such esteemed board members as Argabarga about people who doctor their parking permits to try to give themselves a "free" extension on the permit... and getting it wrong by trying to make the permit valid through, say February 31st, by changing that "1" (for January) to a "2," and forgetting that under no circumstances will the month of February have 31 days.

Well, I saw something similar today.

My Mom's in the hospital for a leg infection (and eventual kneecap surgery) and I stopped by before work to say hello. On my way back to the car, I'm taking the elevator in the parking garage when I see the inspection certificate on the panel.

And it's valid through September 31, 2015.

...I think I'll take the stairs next time I go there. (Though I may pop in the elevator long enough to snap a picture of the certificate.)
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Expired AND forged? Double whammy, there >_>
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      Expired AND forged? Double whammy, there >_>
      I should note-- it didn't look like they'd altered the dates at all. Someone had just put an obviously incorrect date in the certificate.

As I said, I plan to take a better picture tomorrow (I tried earlier, but it came out blurry as I moved the camera too soon) and then report it.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        ... And it's valid through September 31, 2015.
        Several years ago I bough a calendar published by the Sierra Club. In that calendar September had 31 days. Fortunately, October 1 was on the correct day of the week.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          Several years ago I bough a calendar published by the Sierra Club. In that calendar September had 31 days. Fortunately, October 1 was on the correct day of the week.
          I've only ever had one calendar with too many days in one month.

It was the first Order of the Stick calendar, and December had 32 days. Yes, it was intentional.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I'm wondering if the eff-em-lator inspections are on a six-month cycle and the inspector just added 6 to 03/31...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              "Lousy Smarch weather..."

Comment

Every year around this time, Pink Flamingo Party Supplies and Novelties will include for free a calendar that has a coupon code for each month and notes funny little not holidays (yesterday was King Tut Day and tomorrow is Marooned Without a Compass Day). The other day they sent out a memo that the calendars for 2016 they have been sending out only have 30 days for the month of August and to "use our best customer service skills" if anybody calls about this. Not quite sure what they expect us to tell anybody; it's not something that is going to be corrected, all the calendars for this year have been received by the warehouse to include in the boxes...and even if we had corrected ones, it's not something that we can put in a request to send, they are only included in the box with an order. So I guess tell people yep, it's a typo either ignore it or grab a pen and write the number 31 in the box.

Comment

I suspect this might be due to incompetence at the issuing authority rather than forgery, if the certificate showed no signs of alteration. Either that, or someone has a copied blank form they are filling in for all of their elevators.

Comment

Quoth UncleImpy View Post
                    I suspect this might be due to incompetence at the issuing authority rather than forgery, if the certificate showed no signs of alteration. Either that, or someone has a copied blank form they are filling in for all of their elevators.
                    After going over again and looking at the certificates again...

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    I'm wondering if the eff-em-lator inspections are on a six-month cycle and the inspector just added 6 to 03/31...
                    ...it looks like this is the case. Not forged or fudged, just the inspector just added 6 to the month without double-checking whether the month has 31 days.

Comment

Working...
                    X