X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. There's no "warranty" on that.

Ugh... just got this phone call:

SC: I was there to get some work done on my computer before. I turned it on today and it was a black screen and it was making a whirring sound.

ME: (looks it up in Quickbooks) Yes, you were here in May of last year, repair Windows and system cleanup.

SC: I was wondering if there was a warranty on that work?

ME: (trying not to bang head on desk) No - that was software. The issue you're describing sounds like a hardware issue.

So he's probably going to bring it in for diagnosis. But, seriously? We can't even "warranty" software work because who knows what sort of damage you do to your computer when it's home.

I had one system get fucked up inside of 4 hours - that's the record - when the guy took the computer home and his kids loaded 3 chat programs, Limewire, Frostwire, Bearshare and god knows what else.

When it leaves here, it's working. Anything beyond that is on you.

Unbelievable.

Yeah, the old "I thought it was working, but it was still broken."
    Translation: You spent hours cleaning the crap off it, and I went home and clicked on 'see Megan Fox' hacked photos' and it's back to square one.

Computers can be fixed. Stupid can't.

Comment

Quoth Plague*Star View Post
      Stupid CAN be "fixed", unfortunately:

- Vetrenarians' scope of practice doesn't extend to customers less intelligent than the average Golden Retriever.

- It's illegal to spay/neuter customers without their consent.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        - Vetrenarians' scope of practice doesn't extend to customers less intelligent than the average Golden Retriever.

Hey no insulting my senior citizen fur baby. He may be a ham and a bit of an airhead sometimes but somehow he seems fairly intelligent compared to a LOT of the "customers" posted about here on CS.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Plague*Star View Post
          Correction. Stupidity can be fixed. The catch is there's laws regarding Eugenics.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
            Correction. Stupidity can be fixed. The catch is there's laws regarding Eugenics.
            Careful With That Axe, Eugene!
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
            X