Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

all-in-one thanksgiving meal - TURKEY CAKE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You didn't say what kind of nuts... We tried nuts in the stuffing once, it came out badly.

I've set lemon meringue on fire once, strangely enough it made the pie even better after we got the marshmallow out.

Comment

I think if it were just the turkey and mashed potatoes, it might not be so bad. It's the stuffing, and the sweet potatoes, and the cranberry sauce, and the (ick) marshmallows on top that sends it into gross territory for me.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

It looks interesting but I doubt that'd go over well with my family. They're pretty traditonal - and besides, we've already bought our Little Butterball for Turkey Day (in the freezer drawer currently.)

Which I'll probably show this to my brother when he comes back inside from feeding the dogs just to see his reaction.

Oh, and Aethian, please share with us how the Turkey Cake turns out for you.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

If your attention lapses and the marshmallows happen to burn or catch fire while broiling (this actually happened to us), relax and just blow out the flames.

<breathes again>

Can't say I care for it. To start off with, I don't like sweet potato and while marshmallow is traditional in the US, particularly the south, it's not so much up here, or at least not with my family. As well, this brings up the saying "It's all the same in the stomach" and while that may be true, the journey to the stomach is a totally different story. And it's not quite the same as Shepard's pie, as the items tend to not go well in the same bite traditionally, so it gets kind of hard to change the perspective.

Finally, a point my mom brought up. Everything with the exception of the marshmallows, has to be made in advance before it gets assembled into the cake. That is a lot of extra work for only a visual appearance and I'm not much of a visual eater myself. I could see it as viable for leftovers though, but there's no guarantee of getting the amounts you need for it.

Just my two bits though.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

No one's said it yet...?

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!

It's not real cake...

*flees*

Comment

Leave off the cranberries & I'd try it,the wife would want the cranberries tho.
              "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X