X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade Deodorant

http://www.kitchenstewardship.com/20...y-steps-story/

Thought this was awesome! Ive never even considered this before. Im going to try it. This way i can scent it how I want.

I always knew that baking soda was great at naturally taking out odors and such, but wow! Homemade deodorant. That is awesome!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

cool
      kinda sounds like the stuff i bought from lush once.

Comment

Neat! That sounds right up my alley. I may not be all that certain about making my own laundry detergent, but this sounds excellent. Simple, natural, mostly non-toxic
        And I like coconut!
        (and this person likes glass... I'm thinking this is new browsing material...)
        thanks!
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Oh, I've been doing that for some time now. It's cheaper than regular deodorant. I mix mine with edible oil (sunflower seed) and just spread it on. It does have an effect on the clothing sometimes, however. But it works!

Comment

Looks like it is just a deodorant, not an antiperspirant. I sweat so much my shirts get sweat stains, so I guess it won't work for me.

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
              Looks like it is just a deodorant, not an antiperspirant. I sweat so much my shirts get sweat stains, so I guess it won't work for me.
              But, TPM, LOOKEE, its both! Lol

(from the article)

Then I decided I’d mix an equal part of cornstarch in with the baking soda, for dryness. This baby step took all of 2 minutes to complete, and again – no commitment, no up-front cost. Again, all was well. I began to worry about summer and sleeveless shirts, however.

Comment

I'm still very skeptical, since I need the (extra expensive) clinical strength stuff to not create sweat stains. Maybe I'll try it over winter break, when I won't see too many people?

Comment

Working...
                X