This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Spray Bro

So this is one from the local grocery store. I'm browsing deodorants trying to find one Hubby's body hasn't adapted to yet (which is apparently a thing) and suddenly am enveloped by a smell reminescent of my beloved ferret, who crossed the rainbow bridge a few years ago. In other words, very musky.

I look down the aisle and see someone who looks to be in his 30s "testing" body sprays. By which I mean he's taking each one out and spraying it into the air to see if he likes it. By the time he'd picked one (which I noticed was NOT one of the ones he'd opened), the entire end of the aisle smelled like a bad frat party (thankfully minus the beer).

I don't have any breathing problems or or smell sensitives, but if I had, Bro WannaBe might have put me in the ER with his product testing.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

He was sprayin' for skeeters, that he was! I certainly hope he was going out "cruising" for a chick with all those smells wrapped around him.

I had to explain why my deodorant had to change to my oldest. It's because either my body chemistry changed, or the formula they use for my deodorant did. Between scent related migraines and asthma, I have to be careful about anyone in my family's. Baby powder seems to be a safe scent, but most men's don't come in that! So, guess who gets to scent test for the oldest son? Me. *sigh*
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

You could try a really 'basic' deodorant... Primal Pit Paste is what I use. I don't think your body will adapt to something that's just shea butter, coconut oil, arrowroot powder and baking soda, hah. However, it's not an antiperspirant in any way, shape or form.

Comment

At least he wasn't "sampling" roll-on deodorant...

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
          You could try a really 'basic' deodorant... Primal Pit Paste is what I use. I don't think your body will adapt to something that's just shea butter, coconut oil, arrowroot powder and baking soda, hah. However, it's not an antiperspirant in any way, shape or form.
          I've also used various natural products, and although I'm fairly hippie-dippy, I just have to use the stuff with aluminum. I can use Crystal or Tom's when at home, and it's just me smelling myself Also, hey I thought I was the only one to become "resistant" to a certain brand!

It's funny, that guy spraying and nobody seemed to care. Yet, if I dare to unscrew the top of a shampoo bottle to smell it, I look up and some old lady is glaring at me. I'm not ruining the product, or using it, I just want to see if it's so strong my next door neighbor will smell it.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Mitchum. That is all.
            Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
              Baby powder seems to be a safe scent, but most men's don't come in that!
              I hate flowery smells, so I use whatever, men's women's it really doesn't matter.

The scent expressions that secret puts out during the summer are nice(I hoard sometimes), vanilla, cherry, coconut, and coco butter(CHOCOLATE!).
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Hubby always wants some type of women's unscented or a light scent, like baby powder or "fresh" or "rain" but nothing flowery. Women's seems to work better for him, for some reason. Maybe it's the cultural expectation that women smell like roses even if we've been running the new york marathon.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I always buy an unscented deodorant. As far as I know it is unisex product.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Al uses a Cucumber Melon scent, I forget what brand.

Funny thing is, it lasts all damn day and I can smell it on him even after a 12 hour shift.

The heavy duty men's deodorant touted as long lasting? Wears out way faster.
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Almost sounds like this Real Man of Genius.
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I use the Dove Men Care line and am careful not to apply it to...sensitive areas (under my arm where there's no hair).
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                          I had to explain why my deodorant had to change to my oldest. It's because either my body chemistry changed, or the formula they use for my deodorant did.
                          I developed an allergy to mine. Was using Degree for a while, then it started making my skin all red and itchy. Had to find a product that didn't use its main ingredient (Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex) and nearly every deodorant on the market uses that stuff. And the ones that use other ingredients don't work nearly as well.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

See, that's what happened to my hubs. He became allergic to his, so we swapped him to the same brand I use. I think they'd changed the formula of his, which is why. And for the record, it was Mitchum he was using. *shrugs* Secret seems to work for him and it works for me, although I loved the coconut scented Teen Spirit, until my hormones changed during pregnancy.
                            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I used Lynx for ages, but then I was told that it wasn't working anymore, so I changed to Nivea Invisible

Comment

Working...
                              X