This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why d'you always blame teenagers?

I swear, my dad is so annoying sometimes. Note that this story is only about the age assumptions, not the politics of the matter.

Recently, we had a federal election in Canada. In my sister's riding, she mentioned that Liberal signs were being defaced. At first they were just being spray painted but then someone started putting on messages about the National Energy Program. When my sister mentioned how rude it was, dad said some platitude about teenagers these days. So I pointed out that the Energy deal happened before I was born and I'm no teenager! No teenager would know or care about the National Energy Program. In fact, it was probably done by some old coot with a grudge and too much time on his hands. Seriously, in my mind that graffiti dates the perpetrator pretty well... at least 55, possibly much older.

Of course, dad couldn't believe it would be someone HIS age. My sister pointed out that old people do get pretty crotchety sometimes. Not that we would ever accuse him of being crotchety. Seriously though, teenagers get a bad rap sometimes...

"Kids these days, with their loud rock music and Hula Hoops...!"

Comment

Get off my lawn!!

It does seem unlikely that it would be kids in this case. Hell, most of the people arrested for writing graffiti around town here turn out to be in their mid to late 20's.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The other day I was taking my son to school for Lego League. There were some teenage boys skateboarding outside the building. We just walked around them and went in, they weren't bothering anyone, but the LL coach saw and chewed them out and sent them packing. Then she apologized that I was 'inconvenienced'. I told her I wasn't inconvenienced, they weren't bothering me. I hate it when people jump on kids when they aren't even doing anything wrong. I remember people assuming I was up to no good just because I was a teenager and I wouldn't do that to anyone else.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I've met some pretty bad teenagers. I've met some pretty bad adults. Crappy people come in all ages and variety. For the most part though, most teens that I've come into contact with in recent years have been pretty decent people.

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
            I hate it when people jump on kids when they aren't even doing anything wrong. I remember people assuming I was up to no good just because I was a teenager and I wouldn't do that to anyone else.
            Sadly, it's always that one rotten apple that poisons the entire barrel for most people.

Comment

Working...
            X