This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is a douche bag

After 2 weeks of working my ass off to help a customer get cable and high-speed service installed in his home, he suddenly went into a rage that I didn't have his service installed last weekend. Keep in mind that he was told last Friday that it wouldn't be installed until this Saturday (8 days later). Now this idiot is contacting me TODAY (Wednesday) to get his service installed earlier & after checking our schedule, we can't do it. I originally gave him the earliest date/time & now he's threatened to file a "formal complaint" against me.

Lucky for me, I've shown my e-mail history to my supervisor & she's aware of the issue. I let her know that I've held this jerk's hand since Day 1 (2 weeks ago...long story b/c it really did take that long to get his account going) & now he's acting like this. It just goes to show that in the world of "Customer Service," the customer is (almost) always a maniac. They'll flip on you in a second if they think you're not doing every single little tiny thing that they want.

The thing that gets me is that because he didn't read the original e-mail correctly the first time, he's all up in arms about things, 5 days after the e-mail was sent. THEN, he spoke w/ a lead representative & called him a racist (the lead rep is Hispanic, I think the customer is Caucasian) for not bowing to his will. I mean, WTF??? BTW, the lead rep is awesome & has been w/ the company for 5-6 years, so he knows what can & can't be done. Grrrrrrrrrr... I'm going to tell him to forward his little "formal complaint" to my supervisor so she can review it. Since she knows what's going on, she can fill me in. I have all of my records readily available in case they're needed...
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
    After 2 weeks of working my ass off to help a customer get cable and high-speed service installed in his home, he suddenly went into a rage that I didn't have his service installed last weekend. Keep in mind that he was told last Friday that it wouldn't be installed until this Saturday (8 days later). Now this idiot is contacting me TODAY (Wednesday) to get his service installed earlier & after checking our schedule, we can't do it. I originally gave him the earliest date/time & now he's threatened to file a "formal complaint" against me.

If I ever snap and go on a killing spree, people like this will be the cause of it.

I don't know why people think that installing cable (especially a new install which may be from scratch) is a same day service.

I don't know how many times I have this exchange:

SC: When's the soonest you can come out?
    Me: *date, which is usually 2-3 days ahead*
    SC: UNACCEPTABLE! YOU'LL GET SOMEONE OUT HERE RIGHT NOW~!

This is usually coupled by the Parent of the Year types who upon admitting defeat, sigh "WELL WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ABOUT MY KIDS, THEY WANT CARTOONS!!@!@!@eleventy!@!".

One day I'm going to channel Stewie Griffin and tell them to get off their ass and do some parenting for god's sake.
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Oh, Lordy, I remember my stint working for the Evil Cable Empire®. (That's how the customers always saw us.)

I remember getting the stellar parent types too, "But you HAVE to come out here today! Both the cartoon channels are out! I've got kids here, what am I supposed toooo dooooo withhhhhhh theeeeeem?!!"
      Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
        "But you HAVE to come out here today! Both the cartoon channels are out! I've got kids here, what am I supposed toooo dooooo withhhhhhh theeeeeem?!!"
        uuuuhhmmm.....

Oh, I know!

Engage in conversation!

No wait, too many syllables...

Talk with tykes?
        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post

Talk with tykes?
          No, no, nononononono!
          It should be:
          TTTTAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLKKKKKKKKKK WWWWWWIIIIITTTTTTHHH TTTTTYYYYYYYKKKKESS!
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Tell them to go fly a kite.

Or jump in the lake.

Go paddle up a creek.

Sing the 'I've got no cartoons' blues.

(I don't understand - why have kids if you don't want to interact with them?)
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Take up scrapbooking?
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Geez... The only reason ( and I mean THE ONLY REASON ) that I even still have satellite is for the kids. They're the only ones who watch it. But I'm willing to bed that if I got rid of it tomorrow, they'd find other things to do. We have tons of DVDs, they both like reading stories, they love playing at the park, and they have karate and dance classes to keep them busy on weekends. I mean, SERIOUSLY, who gets that hyped over their tv service?
                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Honestly I don't know how long cable/ satellite has been around for TV.

I think I was in Jr High when we got it at my house.

Which means I was raised prior to sticking the kid in front of the TV as a baby sitter as the main option.
                  Knowing my age - I have to figure that is I would say over the age of 25 today and at least 25 before the start of child bearing should remember what other options are out there.

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
                    Oh, Lordy, I remember my stint working for the Evil Cable Empire®. (That's how the customers always saw us.)

I remember getting the stellar parent types too, "But you HAVE to come out here today! Both the cartoon channels are out! I've got kids here, what am I supposed toooo dooooo withhhhhhh theeeeeem?!!"
                    Cable TV
                    Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
                      Which means I was raised prior to sticking the kid in front of the TV as a baby sitter as the main option.
                      Me too.

But then I'm old enough to remember when the TV had only 3 channels, it didn't run all day and all night, and some of it was still black & white.
                      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                        Me too.

But then I'm old enough to remember when the TV had only 3 channels, it didn't run all day and all night, and some of it was still black & white.
                        Back in the days before remote control. You actually had to stand up, walk to the TV, and then change the channel.

I too was in Jr. High when we finally got cable (it had a remote too).
                        That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

I remember when we only had two channels over here, and the national anthem played on the BBC channel when it turned off for the night.

Ah, sounds so good, doesn't it?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                            Me too.

I'm not quite that old, but I do remember having only 3 channels and the National Anthem playing right after midnight . . .and if the President was on, there was NOTHING to watch.

And I had a black and white tv in my room until the early 80's . . .

We got cable in the late 70's (around 1979 I think.) And then it was only Channels 2-13 until the expanded was available around 1982 (for our area.) Even then, it was only 34 channels.

How times have changed.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I didn't get cable TV until I moved out on my own (although we had basic cable when I was little). Although back then, I was a much more active person (and I read quite a bit as well) . . .
                              This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X