X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Inconsiderate and The Rude...

Two tales of two common problems.....

The Inconsiderate.

Anyone have certain types of customers that they know are going to be inconsiderate? I do, we call them construction workers. Now, of course, not all of them, but I have to say that MOST of the ones I have come in contact with are.

This guy pulls up in his H2 Hummer, and walks in the door. He needs 3 rooms and wants to pay the same rate as he did the last time he stayed. I looked it up, and the last time he stayed was 16 months ago! Sorry buddy, you got a good rate then because we had heavy road construction going on and it was hard to fill rooms, thats not an issue anymore. He kept asking for "that little guy", my Father. I told him "that little guy" isn't here and I am telling him that he will pay the rates I quoted him if he wants the rooms (he wanted popular rooms for $20 less than regular rate, on a day where I can get $10 more than the regular rate from a walk in, you do the math). Don't think I feel sorry for you in anyway when you drive in here in an H2 Hummer and want so low of a rate. He finally agree's. Asks for a total with tax for all three rooms, I give it to him. He hands me cash (pulled from a huge wad of $100's) and a credit card (CC for deposit, I can see that he knows how to read). He walks off to grab his bags and get his crew. I get all rooms setup, keys and all, and I have his $10 in change ready. He walks in, I give him the change first. Then I hand him his CC. Then I have him sign all the registrations and hand him the keys. He says "Where is my change?". I tell him that his change was that $10 bill I handed him when he walked in, he said "Okay". He then turns around to leave, turns right back around, and says "Did you take my wallet?", I reply "No sir, you put it in your pocket". He checks, its there. What the hell is with this guy.
    He takes the luggage cart to his room. I knew I wasn't going to see this cart again until I asked for it. Guess what he took on the cart? One of those bags that has a handle and wheels to roll on, and an ironed shirt on a hanger.....thats it. Five minutes after taking the cart, he returns to move his car....ummm...thing, and no cart of course. I give him 5 more minutes, maybe he plans to return the cart on an unneccesary trip back to the lobby. When this doesn't happen, I call him.

ME: Sorry to bother you Mr. Idontcare, but would you happen to have the luggage cart, sir?
    SC: Yeah.
    ME: Well, we have a customer who would like to use it, are you done with it sir?
    SC: Yeah.
    ME: Okay sir, thats great. Would you like for me to come and get it or would you like to bring it down yourself.
    SC: Whatever.
    ME: ...............
    SC: ...............
    ME: If you just push it outside your door, I will be happy to come and get it.
    SC: *click*

I then go to the 3rd floor and see the cart in the hallway, and bring it down (there was a customer that actually wanted to use it, I wasn't making that up).

I don't get what he needed the damn cart for.

The Rude.

I get a call from a lady, and I am sure glad that I didn't have to deal with her in person!

SC: Do you people keep the A/C on in the room or not?
    ME: Not lately, because its been cool.
    SC: So I guess If I rented a room tonight, it still wont be cool by tomorrow, thats what you are saying, right?
    ME: No. Our A/C's work very...
    SC: How old is your place?
    ME: Almost 10 years old now.
    SC: And so are the mattresses, right?
    ME: Yes.
    SC: So the mattresses are crap, thats what you are telling me, they are crap!
    ME: No. I can't remember the last time....
    SC: I am next door at your competitors and the damn room is hot as hell and the mattresses are crap and also from hell (what?).
    ME: Thats unfortunate, maybe you should ask for....
    SC: God damn old ass hotels with there shitty accomodations.
    ME: ..............
    SC: Well?
    ME: Well what?
    SC: What do you have to say about that?
    ME: About what, your rant?
    SC: FUCK YOU!

I admit, it was nice being cursed at by some witch that has an issue at ANOTHER hotel, but for some reason wants to clump me in with them.

Surprisingly, I have no headache, maybe I am becoming immune to the stupidity.....nah.

When I worked at channel 25, people would call complaining about what was being shown on other stations. Yes, they knew they had the wrong station. They didn't care.

I used to have a guy call me every time president Bush (the first one) said something he didn't like on the news.

I had one guy call and bitch out the janitor because of what was being aired.

So I guess, using the logic these people employed, I guess it makes perfect sense you'd call a random hotel to complain about the one you're actually staying at.

People are idiots.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      When I worked at channel 25, people would call complaining about what was being shown on other stations. Yes, they knew they had the wrong station. They didn't care.

I used to have a guy call me every time president Bush (the first one) said something he didn't like on the news.

So I guess, using the logic these people employed, I guess it makes perfect sense you'd call a random hotel to complain about the one you're actually staying at.

People are idiots.

I bet he never voted.

Comment

Oh man, I just pictured a hairy, mustachioed, fat guy in grey overalls holding a mop in one hand, the phone in the other with a confused look on his face...
        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Wow, all those beat mine for sure. I know I meet the dumb on a daily basis, but you seem to have met the "the reason we need to re -locate to mars" type people.

My offer still stands, when I have a trillion dollars and a way to go to the mars, you are all allowed to join me, free of charge of course

BTW, the Inconsiderate is back today, guess what I had to do after he had the luggage cart for 30 minutes? If you guessed call him to ask him about it, you are definitely paying attention.

Comment

We get so many stupid irrelevant calls at work! I usually just tell them that I'm busy and don't have time to talk once I find out it's not a business call. If it's a personal call for a coworker, I offer to take a message and post it in the office by the timeclock where that person will see it next time they work. Then, I give them just a few seconds to get to the point, or I hang up on them. The only personal calls I get are from my wife, and only if it's important and I'm not answering my cell phone.

It just amazes me sometimes how many pointless calls we get. People will call our store asking for numbers to other stores. I mean, if you was able to find our number in the phone book, why can't you find another store's number in the book? People call to ask for winning numbers or jackpot information on the lottery. Sorry, but I'm busy, I don't have time to look it up. I rarely pay enough attention to know it off the top of my head. You can call the 1-800 Lottery Hotline for that infomation or look it up on the website. I have those written down for easy reference and posted at the registers. People call to ask for prices on various items or if we have something. If I know the answer off the top of my head, I'll tell you. Otherwise, get off your butt and come find out! I'm usually busy with paying customers, and don't have time for 20 questions on the phone with some dimwit who may or may not come and get it. No, I'm not going to check on the answer to your question when it slows down and call you back to tell you later. Get off your butt and come find out! Then, there's the lottery rep who always calls at 8-9 p.m., wanting to know our current lottery inventory. Don't you keep track of what tickets you send us when the manager orders? Can't you check your computers to see what tickets have been activated on the network?I'm not management, so I don't know what tickets are locked in the safe. I've told you several times before that the manager or assistant will be better able to give you that information during the dayshift 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Don't you people make notes of such comments when you call stores for inventory reports? Yes, I'm capable of figuring up the inventory, but I don't feel it would be appropriate of me to give out such types of information without management approval. Plus, I'm busy with customers. Good Lord, the phone just about drives me insane some shifts!
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

We are sold out most of the time, especially Mon-Thu. When we are sold out, we have sign indicating this on the door. Without fail, a SC will come up and ask "Are you sold out?" An added bonus is when they ask "Are you sure?" Extra bonus when they flip you off. I understand that when people are travelling and can't find a hotel room, it can cause frustration. But you don't have to be rude about it! Next time, plan ahead!

Comment

Great story. Let me answer your question on the guy with the cart. He's fat-assed lazy, no doubt about it. I never ever use those carts at hotels being the exercise is good for me (except at perhaps a Disney hotel, where it's a very long walk from the lobby to the room).

As for the lady with the hotel issues, what the hell is her problem calling you from another hotel? She first threatens you with "I'm at your competition", but is going on and on about shitty mattresses and air conditioning of the competition. It sounds to me like she is one of those who is much more brave on the phone, but does not actually speak that way to someone's face.

Comment

While you couldn't do anything about it.... At least the guy was smart enough to have his politics straight. Speaking of politics....

poli = a great many
                  tics = bloodsucking creatures.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                    the phone in the other with a confused look on his face...
                    Is that because of all the 'shrooms' he had to do to visit the Mushroom Kingdom? Is he also a plumber?
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                      People call to ask for winning numbers or jackpot information on the lottery.

I would give them some random numbers or better yet- ask them what their numbers are and then yell, OMG You Won!!!!
                      Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.

Comment

Working...
                      X