This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess what, hotels don't pay taxes...

according to conspiracy lady that came in 10 minutes ago.

She comes in to ask about room rates. I give her the rates for a couple different types of rooms. Then the conversation really begins...

SC: And what about the $10 or so you tag on to the price?
    ME: I don't seem to understand what you mean.
    SC: You know, tax.
    ME: Yes, tax is applied to all room sales unless you are exempt.
    SC: So what percentage is this "tax"? (she even did the quotation motion with her fingers, the bunny ears)
    ME: 12.5%...so you weren't that far off with the $10 guess.
    SC: And how many people are "tax exempt"? (again, she did the motion)
    ME: Well, a lot, Churches, Schools, Government employees, Veterans...
    SC: I thought so *rolls eyes*
    ME: .....................................
    SC: You guys sure are quick.
    ME: .................................. *now with confused look on face*
    SC: You really want me to believe that this "tax" you are collecting is actually for the government?
    ME: Yes *again, confused look on face*
    SC: BULLSHIT!!!! All of you corporations work with the government and use this "tax" as an excuse to charge poor people more money for a damn room.
    ME: No.
    SC: NO WHAT?!?!
    ME: No to what you said.
    SC: Are you stupid?
    SC: Stop saying NO!!!!!!!
    ME: Okay.
    SC: I'm not paying the "tax", tell your government friends that.
    ME: Well, unless you have a tax exempt ID from a Church, School...
    SC: *walks out in a huff*

I am willing to bet that her husband normally pays for stuff...

lol how much you want to bet shes one of those women who believe the CIA is listening to her thoughts.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
      lol how much you want to bet shes one of those women who believe the CIA is listening to her thoughts.
      and the 'tax' that comes out of her paycheck goes straight to her boss.

Comment

Well, in her defense, she may have lived in a tax-free state her entire life.
        "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

was she wearing a tin foil hat?

no tax? sorry, sweetie, not unless you belong to an exempt group or do things *cough* under the table.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth slick View Post
            SC: NO WHAT?!?!
            ME: No to what you said.
            SC: Stop saying NO!!!!!!!
            ME: Okay.

Personally I'd have said no again just to see if her head exploded...
            "Ah, he's not the first psycho to hire us, nor the last. You think that's a commentary on us?"

Comment

In New York, hotels usually charge 2 taxes, state sales tax, and a county or bed tax. Our folios say "bed tax". Had this gentelman FLIP!!!!!!!!!! because we we're charging him for the use of the bed itself. I tried in vain to explain what it was, he really thought we were robbing him, or something. He insisted other hotels don't have two taxes. I told him some hotel folios have all taxes as one amount, our system posts both. I finally gave him the number of the county legislature, and told him to complain to them and to get out. He was really getting loud, he wasn't hearing me AT ALL.

The tax amount he was being psycho about....$1.65. Seriously.

Comment

Well she's not going to avoid the tax! So I guess when she left in a huff, she proceeded to another hotel and probably tortured the desk clerk there too.

Comment

The only thing I've seen that sometimes isn't taxed is food from the grocery store. Depending on what state.

I don't think anybody should be tax exempt anyway.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                    Two questions:
                    1) Are her thoughts really THAT important to the CIA?
                    2) What THOUGHTS?
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth slick View Post
                      Um....likewise.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Ma'am, Ben Franklin once said 'the only guarantees in life are death & taxes' so I'm sorry to say, the taxes are valid. And I would like to add that if you keep arguing and screaming like this, you're liable to have a heart attack and end up with that other guarantee

Comment

Ma'am, Ben Franklin once said 'the only guarantees in life are death & taxes' so I'm sorry to say, the taxes are valid. And I would like to add that if you keep arguing and screaming like this, you're liable to have a heart attack and end up with that other guarantee
                          I'd be more liable to charge her the P.I.T.A. tax and then she WOULD have a heart attack...that or I would kill her for being a PITA.
                          You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

Sort of O.T., but in my area, many hotels DON'T pay taxes...and they're in receivership/bankruptcy court.

Comment

Quoth Sparkticus View Post

Personally I'd have said no again just to see if her head exploded...
                              You aren't the only one.

Comment

Working...
                              X