Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anticipating customer suckiness...................

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anticipating customer suckiness...................

Ok folks I am a customer but I do feel so very bad for the folks at the music store/ticketmaster outlet.

Garth Brooks is comming out of retirement. His first concert is going to be in Kansas City Missouri. To try to combat scalpers getting a load of tickets there is a new procedure they are trying. Here it is.............

Random numbered wristbands will be given out at the outlets and the Sprint Center Box Office beginning 10AM Thursday, Oct 4 through Friday, Oct 5 at 7PM or while supplies last. The wristband does not guarantee a ticket, ONLY a place in line. The wristband will be placed on your left wrist and wristband holders must return to the same location they received their wristband by or before 8:45AM Saturday, Oct 6th. If wristband holders show up after 8:45AM then they must go to the late line. Everybody with a wristband has a chance to be first in line if they arrive by or before 8:45AM. Those fans without wristbands will be allowed to line up behind wristband holders.

The way the line will start is that Once the starting wristband number is announced, the customer wearing the wristband that matches the starting number will be first in line (For Example: if wristbands 1-100 where issued and wristband 10 was drawn, the line would start with 10, then 11, 12 13 thru 100 then 1-9). When the starting wrist band number is announced, the line will shift accordingly. SO that every one has a chance of being first in line.

I of course got my wrist band because this is one concert I don't want to miss!!! Now here is the anticipation of customer suckiness.............

Cash only at the Sprint Center and all outlets. THis was repeated several times by the radio, news and the shop owners themselves.

My question is how many people do you think are going to show up be able to get tickets and pull out a credit card, when told cash only then will claim they were never told. Should be intresting!! Will update when I get back on Saturday.

1.) Garth is touring again? WOOT!!!

2.) You MUST keep us updated with stories!!!
    Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Cash only at the Sprint Center and all outlets. THis was repeated several times by the radio, news and the shop owners themselves.

My question is how many people do you think are going to show up be able to get tickets and pull out a credit card, when told cash only then will claim they were never told. Should be intresting!! Will update when I get back on Saturday.
      A lot of them. SCs tend to hear only what they want to hear. And how many people are going to make a special trip to the bank to withdraw that much cash? I don't know what tickets start at, but I bet they'll be pricey.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I use to work at a record store with a Ticketmaster Outlet. We were really strict with people about explaining the policy. I instructed my staff that if they felt the customer wasn't paying attention or didn't understand they were not to give them a wristband until they said that they understood that not following directions could result in not being served.

I was often called a bitch by the troublemakers. My outlet had the least amounts of problems or complaints about something unfair happening. A few tried to complain that we were strict but TM would basically told them "good then they are doing their job".

Most onsales go well. We had 200+ on sales with no problems because we were clear and firm right from the beginning. Other customers would usually come to our aid if anyone tried to get out of hand.

I use to have lots of stories, but fortunately they have begun to fade with time.
        "smacked upside the head by the harsh of daylight" - Tori Amos "The Beauty of Speed"

a sucking chest wound is merely mother nature's way of telling you to slow down - Arm

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          A lot of them. SCs tend to hear only what they want to hear. And how many people are going to make a special trip to the bank to withdraw that much cash? I don't know what tickets start at, but I bet they'll be pricey.

Now this is the best part,...............

The most expensive ticket (if bought from ticketmaster on the net) is ONLY $32.50!!!!

That is an amazing and affordable price!!!!!!!!

I am so excited but you know how folks can get when there are lines. I am hoping and praying that I get at least get decent seats. One lady said that only about 12 out of 100 with wrist bands will get seats. I just will be praying extra hard tonight!!!

Tomorrow afternoon I am sure I will have some stories of customer suckiness.

Comment

Working...
          X