Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at one of the college places there is a schnapes(SP?????) section where they will mix it with either red bull or one of those five hour energy shot things. I heard your supposed to try and drink it as fast as you possibly can for it tastes horrible.

I admit it, I have tasted beer...it tasted foul to me. Why would one want to add another foul tasting thing to it? In hopes to make it un foul?

Comment

I gave up caffeine a couple of years ago, except for back in March of 2008 - i volunteered at SXSW lived on the 5 hr energy shots - bought a 6 pk, and limited myself to no more than 2 a day, and i was working 4 days and was not buying more. I have drank red bull and raspberry vodka - its tolerable, but not great. but the alcohol energy drinks - sound like a bad idea.

btw not all booze tastes like beer, and (i can't believe i'm saying this) not all beer tastes bad.
      I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
        btw not all booze tastes like beer, and (i can't believe i'm saying this) not all beer tastes bad.
        QFT. I can't stand beer for the most part, but for me, Guinness is drinkable. Has kind of a chocolate/coffee aftertaste. It may be that apart from Guinness, the only beer I've had was generic big-label American beer, which from what I understand from most beer snobs, barely qualifies as beer.

This reminds me, I need to bug Jester to make beer recommendations for me. I seem to remember reading a thread from a year or so ago where he mentioned he was good at helping people find beers they actually liked.
        Last edited by Kaylyn; 11-11-2010, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
          We only had a class B liquor license at the gas station I worked at, and this was before Tilt and the others came out. People would mostly buy Redbull by the case and go to a different store to get vodka to mix it with.

Vodka and Redbull.....worse than Martha Stewart at the White House vegetable garden.
          When I have a drink, I want to be relaxed, not hyped up worse than a bumblebee on speed.

I see enough commotion at the Kitty with the energy drinks . . . had one young girl (looked about 20 maybe) almost break down in tears because she couldn't get her hands on a multi-pack of Monster.

We carry it, but we didn't have any in stock that morning because we were waiting on Little Joe to bring the Bud delivery ( we get it here through our local Budweiser distributor.)

She was making such a big production I didn't know whether to laugh at her or slap her into reality.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I found that i like Amber beers -
            I will drink Ziegan bock amber, and Smithwicks (which is an Irish Red)
            if in a pinch i can drink bud Select,

ooooh and blue berry beer - its technically a lager, but yum!

my biggest issue with beer is it has to be C O L D i cannot finish a warm beer - i'll hand it off to someone else to finish, i'll go get another one.... this means i usually only have 1-2 beers.
            Last edited by Treasure; 11-11-2010, 09:15 PM. Reason: beer beer beer beerbeer!
            I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

well i did have jaeger bombs one night. ... here's the irony.

both nights were in Rotterdam in the Netherlands (my ship had pulled in). The first night i went to the bar and drank regular shots. I was pretty drunk and people thought I was going to barf on the ship. I don't remember what I drank.

The second night was following a tour of the area (windmills, a museum, Delft, etc). I actually drank MORE but never felt drunk. and i remember what i drank too.

small carafe of sake, irish coffee, about 5 jaeger bombs and a shot of jaeger by itself. one of the guys in my group thought i was an alcoholic because I was having no reaction to the alcohol. it wasn't until later that night, when i didn't fall asleep until about 4am, that i realized it was the red bull.

but i guess that's another factor. we got back to the ship via the bus they'd hired for us but... technically i felt safe enough to drive. granted i wouldn't have driven cos i know better but... physically i felt sober. after over 6 shots worth of alcohol.

as for the pre-mixed drinks... I just remember a notice that went out on my last Navy ship. We were advised to pay attention because the cans looked a lot like regular energy drinks. And... well we were stationed in Japan.

It wasn't just that the regs on dwi & public drinking were tougher on us (and believe me they were) but that the cans were written in kanji. I found some of them in the local 7-11 and... if i hadn't already heard the warning (and saw that they were next to other alcoholic drinks) it would have been easy to mistake them for a regular "virgin" drink.
              Last edited by PepperElf; 11-12-2010, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Please no more talk about beer I think I may throw up
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

One of the things I like about livin' up here at 6800 feet (that's 2072 meters for all you furriners ) is that when I go down the the Texas Gulf Coast to see friends & relatives I can drink everybody under the table
                  "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

oh speaking of energy drinks... i saw some giant cans of stuff in the booze area but i didnt see energy drinks. then again i didnt look long.

i did however see energy drink sized brews (i won't mention what they are to spare blas some pain) but i also saw hard lemonade.

which reminds me of one of my old roommates. she was religiously against alcohol and never drank... so she didn't know hard lemonade was alcoholic. i warned her when i put some hard lemonade in the fridge, cos to me it would have been rude to trick her into drinking booze. ... and one of her church friends came over... and almost drank a bottle thinking it was plain old lemonade. (but my roommate stopped her).

thankfully though in my store these drinks are all grouped specifically in the alcohol section.

the soda section and the energy drink section are in separate areas. and yeah even the regular sodas are separate from the energy drinks.

Comment

Working...
                    X