Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

all-in-one thanksgiving meal - TURKEY CAKE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all-in-one thanksgiving meal - TURKEY CAKE!

http://www.chow.com/recipes/29029-th...ng-turkey-cake

turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes
    looking like a.... cake?

That is just WRONG!!!!
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I so want to try that!

Comment

Isn't that kind of like a (fancy-looking) shepherd's pie (albeit made with turkey and not ground beef)?
        Testing
        "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

A bit, got to remove the cranberry, sweet potato, and marshmallows.

Comment

I saw this link on fb....pretty nasty in my opinion
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

That is all I have to say about it.

And let me reiterate:
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                That is all I have to say about it.

And let me reiterate:

I concur.

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I actually think it sounds pretty good! I usually make turkey/stuffing/cranberry/potato sandwiches the day after Thanksgiving (or Christmas) with the leftovers...

Comment

It's official, Mom and I will be making one of these.

May I ask why so many of you think it looks disgusting? It's a glorified Shepherd's Pie...

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                      It's official, Mom and I will be making one of these.

May I ask why so many of you think it looks disgusting? It's a glorified Shepherd's Pie...
                      I don't think it looks disgusting per se, but I'm thinking part of what is squicking people out might be the marshmallows.

That's the only part that makes me shudder a bit.

Please let us know how it turns out!!
                      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Will do Pepper.

I was talking to one person who said it sounded wonderful except that he wouldn't do the cranberries on it.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                          Will do Pepper.

I was talking to one person who said it sounded wonderful except that he wouldn't do the cranberries on it.
                          The cranberries didn't really bother me, and that's weird - 'cuz I don't like cranberries.

They sorta...blended. Does that make sense?

The marshmallows are just too out of place, even though marshmallows are popular in desserts at Thanksgiving.

Weird, I know.
                          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

See I was thinking a bit of maple syrup mixed with the marshmallows for the topping would make the candied yams taste better. Mom veto'd it.... *sigh* Something about me getting too hyper too easily or something...I dunno I was high off of laffy taffy during the conversation.

I know several people who can only eat cranberries when they are mixed with stuffing...I think it's the whole, you like them or you don't.

Comment

I think it looks yummy too-- at least it legitimizes my penchant for eating one layer of a cake at a time! After all, sweet, savory, etc often go together for great effect, and cranberry jelly (the clear stuff) is my favorite with stuffing! ('specially if the stuffing has nuts in it...mmmm)
                              I love the note about the marshmallows catching fire... eeheehee
                              reminds me of the time(s) I've done that with various baked goods...
                              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                              X