Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You went out of business & blamed your customers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You went out of business & blamed your customers?

Yep,there's some fine PR right there...

I'm sure his next venture will fare as well.

if it's in the wrong place mods,move it at will
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Moved to check it out. Reading it now.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

$8 for a carton of eggs? No wonder he went out of business. I can find local, organic eggs in the supermarkets here for around $5 a carton at most...and I can find regular eggs from who-knows-where for $1.50 a dozen on sale.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

“People don’t understand their purchases make a difference, and that by buying something that wasn’t exactly what you want, it gets you closer to what you want. It’s an investment.”

Comment

Yeah, I didn't get that as well. Particularly in how it applies to groceries. Why would you get something you don't want to "move you closer" to getting what you want? Why not just get what you want in the first place?
          "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
          "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
          Amayis is my wifey

Comment

So if I want to make a chocolate cake, and buy coffee instead of chocolate, how does that "move me closer" to making the chocolate cake?

Are they trying to say that if the customers had just bought whatever was in stock, the owners would have then been able to get in the stock that the customers did want?
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I think that is what they are implying, however .. while I don't mind paying a LITTLE more to support the local store rather then say Wally World, I will not pay tripple..or even more. Heck the amount I spend on food is already high enough...
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth some idiot
                “People don’t understand their purchases make a difference, and that by buying something that wasn’t exactly what you want, it gets you closer to what you want. It’s an investment.”
                Well, forgive me and probably the majority of people living in Boston for not having the scratch to "invest" in $8-a-carton eggs and $28-a-pound steaks.

The owner and his wife are going to go far, and the sooner they start the better. If nothing else, they've got a future in politics.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The scalding remonstrance was written by Erin McLaughlin, 28, who ran the shop and is engaged to the owner, Michael Otto, 31.
                  *sniff sniff*

I smell a gold digger who's supply just ran dry and is freaking out.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                    Quoth Marmalady View Post
                    Are they trying to say that if the customers had just bought whatever was in stock, the owners would have then been able to get in the stock that the customers did want?
                    Seriously. Or they could, ya know, go to another store that actually has what they want. It's Boston...it's not like they're the only game in town. I can be loyal to a store but why would I if they don't have what I want to buy?
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

"People don’t understand their purchases make a difference, and that by buying something that wasn’t exactly what you want, it gets you closer to what you want. It’s an investment.”
                      So food is an investment now? How does that work? How does spending $28.00 a pound for steak that I don't want get me closer to the $5.00 package of chicken that I do want? Care to explain that, sweetie?

As for the $8.00 a dozen eggs, for that price they should come with bacon, sausage, hash browns, orange juice, and a personal chef to cook it all up and serve it to me on a silver platter.
                      Last edited by Severen13; 11-13-2010, 04:02 PM. Reason: left out a word
                      I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Code:
                        “The reality is we pay for what we eat. Some are informed enough to know what that statement means. For those that don’t, I am not going to elaborate.”
                        Does anybody here have a clue as to exactly what he's trying to say here? I _think_ he's blaming his customers for not wanting to pay more for food at his store but would rather pay less somewhere else.

Comment

$28? You can get a steak DINNER for that price. With the drink!

Where the heck did they come up with these prices? No way they are reasonable. That's got to be a few hundred percent markup. *smells halibut*
                          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Down here, 28 bucks will get you a steak dinner in a high end place with a live band and white napkins.

I can see paying more for quality food, but there is not a steak in this world worth 28 bucks a pound .

I mean, there is an Earth Fare here, which I love. You really can't beat organic. But I have been going there a lot less since their prices hit seven bucks for four quarters of butter.

That's too rich for my blood. And I get the whole "quality food costs more" thing.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                              Code:
                              “The reality is we pay for what we eat. Some are informed enough to know what that statement means. For those that don’t, I am not going to elaborate.”
                              Does anybody here have a clue as to exactly what he's trying to say here? I _think_ he's blaming his customers for not wanting to pay more for food at his store but would rather pay less somewhere else.
                              She's saying if you're not paying her prices for food, you're eating medical waste.

The person who wrote that is evidently the fiancee of the owner. Either he's completely whipped or he thinks the same way she does.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X