Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You went out of business & blamed your customers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
    $28? You can get a steak DINNER for that price. With the drink!

Where the heck did they come up with these prices? No way they are reasonable. That's got to be a few hundred percent markup. *smells halibut*
    unless that steak is real authentic Kobe (sp???) beef straight from Japan why in all that is holy to the Flying Spagetti Monster is that steak $28 a POUND. heck even Black Angus steaks around here are only around $7 a pound depending on the cut and quality.

I can go to the local Texas Roadhouse or Longhorn Steak or even Prime Quarter and get an entire meal for that price. going to some local Mom and Pop place will cost even less.

What does that steak come with a line of Coke (not the soda) ??????
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 11-14-2010, 08:22 AM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

“If you came in only for baguettes, the occasional piece of cheese, the occasional dinner . . . you can not tell yourself you were a supporter of our market.”
      Another quote to add to the -a-thon.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I got $10 that says part of the reason these assholes went under was because of just that,they're assholes.Can't treat your customers badly & expect them to come back.
        "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
          Another quote to add to the -a-thon.
          So what they're saying is "if you didn't buy a _lot_ of overpriced stuff from us then you weren't a committed customer."

Anybody paying those prices _needs_ to be committed!

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
            I got $10 that says part of the reason these assholes went under was because of just that,they're assholes.Can't treat your customers badly & expect them to come back.
            Yeah, I was gonna say this very thing.

I don't need anyone to kiss my ass, but I do appreciate it if they can manage to tone down the open contempt.

Anyone who spent anything here is a "supporter" of their market. If they don't think that's true, then what exactly is the monetary amount required to be considered one?

These people are, as FF says, assholes.

Comment

I like how the father (who the store was named for) has common sense. He stated that the store went under because, "People don't have any money."

Comment

They took down the note on their website. Now it just says they're closed. I kinda wanted to read the whole thing, too...
                What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

$8 for a carton of eggs? Not exactly a recipe for success in this day and age.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                    “People don’t understand their purchases make a difference, and that by buying something that wasn’t exactly what you want, it gets you closer to what you want. It’s an investment.”

Don't feel bad . . . I can't figure out that one either.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I do have to say that there is a specialty gourmet food place near me that does have really high end stuff. Their steaks do get up into that price range (including Wagyu beef as well as some rather interesting/exotic game), I have spend $30 per pound for beef and it was totally worth it (for beef tartar you need the highest quality), but I sure as hell wouldn't (and couldn't) do that on even a semi-regular basis. Then again they have some pretty nice steaks for half that but more importantly they actually have pretty cheap artisan breads as well as awesome fresh pasta which are the bulk of their business.

You can have the expensive stuff but relying on selling only that is not really the best business strategy, especially in this economy, and when your stock expires fairly quickly, as fresh food tends to do.

Comment

Quoth Parrothead View Post
                        They took down the note on their website. Now it just says they're closed. I kinda wanted to read the whole thing, too...
                        Oh don't worry. This is the internet, I'm sure it's cached in five different places already.
                        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Parrothead View Post
                          Clicky for note

Thanks to commenter here that found it.
                          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                            Don't feel bad . . . I can't figure out that one either.
                            Glad I'm not the only one. That writer sounds like a major EW, who heard 'No'.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                            X