This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then why do you keep coming here?!?

This is my coworker's story, but I am so angry that I could spit. Sweet coworker DOES NOT deserve to be yelled at for some rich EW's first world problem. The woman bought like $700 worth of clothes. That's a lot of money, granted. But we are not Nieman Marcus! We are a big box store. We don't have boxes nor paper bags, nor the staff to fold clothes into hospital corners! This woman is angry that the clothes are never folded that way any time she checks out at our store because by the time she gets home--30 minutes away, though there are 2 of our stores in her city--the clothes are wrinkled. Why would we? They go in plastic bags, not squared paper ones. These are not expensive suits; they are t-shirts! And who wears stuff without washing it first? So coworker gets yelled at for this and supervisor gives in, turns off her light, and helps coworker fold for 20 minutes.

I would've told her that I have carpal tunnel, and just...NO. I will fold them reasonably well, but I am not making perfect rectangles. I will pull the disability accomodation card without hesitation. I have before and HR had to back me up.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I will pull the disability accomodation card without hesitation. I have before and HR had to back me up
    Good! Nice to hear an HR dept actually does what it's supposed to.

This woman is an idiot. If she wants things folded a special way she should bring her own empty boxes, fold her stuff herself and pack it.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've had people fuss over wrinkles before. In cotton quilting fabric. I just don't get it, they spend hours and hours cutting and sewing but the idea of ironing or washing is unthinkable.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        supervisor gives in, turns off her light, and helps coworker fold for 20 minutes.
        Anybody who's been on these forums (fora?) for more than a week or so wouldn't see anything unusual about that - SC makes a ridiculous complaint, and a manager folds.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Anybody who's been on these forums (fora?) for more than a week or so wouldn't see anything unusual about that - SC makes a ridiculous complaint, and a manager folds.
          I see what you did there

Comment

I've had similar complaints Not as rude as this one, but still patronizing as fuck. If they've got problems with the way we fold then they should fold the damn clothes themselves!

Comment

*eyeroll* Even if you fold it the required store way, it will get creases along those folds. She just wants to feel special, having the "peons" do the work she should do herself.
              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

The only time the folding on clothes purchases is important is when the store is also giftwrapping the purchase for you. Carefully folding clothes to place in a plastic bag to travel 30 minutes home is a colossal waste of time. She's a bit off for sure.
                Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                  I've had people fuss over wrinkles before. In cotton quilting fabric. I just don't get it, they spend hours and hours cutting and sewing but the idea of ironing or washing is unthinkable.
                  Um. No wonder some of these peoples' quilts don't turn out well.

Washing the quilting fabric pre-shrinks it.
                  Ironing - and in fact, being careful to iron it square - is critical to getting an accurate cut.

How the hell do they expect to get a decent quilt if they don't wash and iron it?

The only time I've returned fabric as defective is when washing it per the instructions caused the red-dyed part to run into the white (of the same fabric!).
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                    Washing the quilting fabric pre-shrinks it.
                    Ironing - and in fact, being careful to iron it square - is critical to getting an accurate cut.

How the hell do they expect to get a decent quilt if they don't wash and iron it?
                    Exactly! We always tell the customers to wash the fabric before working with it. Now, I don't quilt, I sew clothing (usually for myself), but I usually use cotton fabric, and I really don't need it shrinking after I put all that work into it. So, first thing after getting it home, it goes into the wash!

I've had customers who refuse to wash or iron fabric before they work with it, then they complain about the problems they have with it. We give you directions, you don't follow them, then you're angry because you didn't follow directions and your project ended up wrong. Gosh oh golly, who didn't see that one coming?!
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                    X