X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The trifecta of suck is complete!

The first:

I ordered some clothes from an online retailer, according to my email they were delivered today. Funny though, I don't have them.

I ask my neigbour, nope. I ask our friends, the butchers over the road, nope. I check the closed down bookmakers and the empty bakery, nope.

So I call the company. "The delivery driver left it on your porch"

I don't have a porch.

So, two more calls later trying to figure out what's going on, they've given up trying to get hold of the man and have instead arranged for a replacement parcel to be sent.

This doesn't seem too sucky until you know that we've had loads of problems with this delivery driver before, he never knocks on our door, he leaves the parcels, uncovered, in front of my neigbour's house, which opens straight out on to a busy footpath. And when i needed to return something it took a full week and three calls to get the damn parcel collected.

I have made a complaint.

UPDATE: They have charged me for both the lost parcel, and the replacement. Grrrrrr! More phone calls.

UPDATE: Refunded delivery charges and for the missing parcel. ut five minutes later, a woman in a car turned up with the parcel and said "I'm so sorry, i found it under my car seat, i must have forgotten to drop it off!" So where this porch and "we made a delivery" nonsense has come from i'll never know. *sigh*

Now i have to call them again to cancel the new parcel. I am dreading the phone bill.

The second:

We placed an order fro some houswares. They were delivered and all was well until a couple of days later when one of the items turned out to be no good.

I called to ask for a return and refund.

Sorry! You can't return those, for hygeine reasons.

News to me, i checked the website and is says nothing about that. Thankfully the girl on the phone agreed with me and said I could keep the item but get a refund.

Could i get some of Item v.2 sent instead? They are the same price.

Sure! No problem. We'll get them to you tomorrow.

No item, i wait for monday as this was a friday. "Sorry, it looks like they were out of stock, i'll arrange for some to come to you tomorrow" Would have been nice to know that, but fair enough.

Tuesday evening, no delivery. Call yesterday "oh, sorry, it doesn't look like that went through on our system properly, i can dispatch some to arrive tomorrow for you! and if you call tomorrow morning you can find out what time they'll be with you."

Ok, fine, whatever.

This morning "oh, i'm sorry they are out of stock, you should have been told. Can you go collect them from the store?" No I can't! I have no car and the store is an hour away by bus, that's why i ordered delivery!

"Well, i'll call you back within an hour and let you know what we can do." And glory be! He does! "The store is going to send out a taxi to you with your product in it, let us know if you don't get it so we can remind them"

Ok, seems reasonable.

This evening, no taxi. *sigh*

Another call. "we are so sorry, they have been very busy, the taxi will leave at 4:30 and hopefully be with you by about 5pm.

Still waiting...

UPDATE: Apparently the taxi driver never arrived, he has now promised the store he will be there at 7pm....

The third:

I cycled up to our local e-cigarette vendor to get some more liquids. Chained my bicycle up outside, made my selections, exchanged pleasantries with the shopkeeper and left again.

My bicycle was moved further up the street and my chain had been removed and my lock snapped.

The e-cig shop shares a wall with a barber shop, so i stuck my head inside and asked if they'd seen anything.

Turns out, it was "in the way" of a car, bear in mind it was fully on the pavement, and I could walk between the bike and the curb without once coming close to stepping into the road. The chain was long enough that the bike could be moved from one side of the post to the other, but too short for the bike itself to fall over.

So, they broke off my lock and left my bike unsecured in the main street of the town.

No attempt to find me, even though they watched me chain my bike up, and no apology of any sort, just a shrug.

I went and bought a 3" aluminium combination lock instead of the smaller brass one they broke.

But. I did manage to get some donuts, on half price even. But I can't have any
    Last edited by Golden Phoenix; 10-02-2014, 05:22 PM.

Quoth Golden Phoenix View Post
    Turns out, it was "in the way" of a car, bear in mind it was fully on the pavement, and I could walk between the bike and the curb without once coming close to stepping into the road. The chain was long enough that the bike could be moved from one side of the post to the other, but too short for the bike itself to fall over.
    For folks on this side of the pond, "Pavement" is how the Brits say "Sidewalk" (don't want people to think that your bike was fully on the road).

I'd suggest replacing the chain with a cable (having the loops at the ends formed using swaged fittings). Based on my experience with seals on trailers, a cable is FAR more difficult to cut than a solid bar (such as a chain link) the same diameter.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
    X