Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, but I have to almost side with the manager on this one. It sounds like he was pretty busy trying to delegate responsibilities to employees who haven't done their jobs...

If I'm really busy and preoccupied with something, I don't always make the connection that eye contact means that this person needs assistance. People make eye contact with me all day long. 9 times out of 10 it doesn't mean anything. If you don't actually say something, how are they supposed to know that you need something?
    Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

Quoth Sulhythal View Post
      I had a couple managers who expressed it this way. "Managers MANAGE, they don't WORK"

Oh man, that's really cute. At my store, the managers work 50-hour weeks. Who knew that "leadership" and paperwork took all 50 hours?

Quoth Headset Hellion View Post
      Sorry, but I have to almost side with the manager on this one. It sounds like he was pretty busy trying to delegate responsibilities to employees who haven't done their jobs...
      This is assuming there are employees to actually delegate to. Increasingly this isn't the case. The Walmart in my city is freaking huge, and usually isn't staffed too much better than my store is.

Or maybe those employees got pulled to work on other things. Unless this manager actually sees the employees standing around slacking off, he shouldn't assume they are doing so.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I gotta agree with Irv.

I'm not in retail, but I see knee-jerk management and micromanaging done nearly daily. Ok, I lied, daily.

It's assumed nearly all of the time that we're just fucking around and talking. If these people actually knew what we were doing, the reason why the machine sits while we pause for quality check, why we are on hold with engineering and cannot work on anymore of that product, etc etc....

Trust me, my current manager accused me on his first week of not working. I was inside of a machine, setting up the "arms" and "legs" (if you will) to proper size the product that would be going in and out. But, all he did was look and see no green light. That meant TALKING NOT WORKING!
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
        X