Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so sad that someone who brought so much joy to the world was in so much pain underneath. He will be missed deeply.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
      Depression lies. It kills, maims, and causes unbelievable heartbreak.

And it takes away the best among us.

Fuck depression.
      Agreed. Quite a few of us on here suffer from depression. It's taken at least one CS member. (RIP, Plaidman) Now it's taken one of the funniest, most talented people on the planet.

Depression lies. It's straight from the Pit of Hell. But it can be treated. If you are suffering from depression, please get help. Don't try to fight it alone.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Currently watching "Hook".
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Watching ''Weapons of Self Destruction.''

In retrospect, perhaps not the most appropriate choice.
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I'm watching what I feel is the most appropriate movie, What Dreams May Come.

Fly high, Robin.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

What with the time difference, I only found out about half an hour ago. I just can't believe it. A coworker came into the room as I was looking at the news report, and I turned to him and said, "Come over here and look at this. You won't believe me if I tell you." He walked over and looked at the headline, and I watched as his eyes widened and his jaw dropped.

The news report simply listed the tributes given by various friends. I had to find another article that stated what had happened. Apparent suicide, it said. Suicide. Not accidental death, not a long illness.

A brilliant, talented, funny, charming man with many friends took his own life. I said to a friend after learning the news, "The next time you think someone has it all, think again."

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                Agreed. Quite a few of us on here suffer from depression. It's taken at least one CS member. (RIP, Plaidman) Now it's taken one of the funniest, most talented people on the planet.

Depression lies. It's straight from the Pit of Hell. But it can be treated. If you are suffering from depression, please get help. Don't try to fight it alone.
                In a way this is worse, from an interview i saw a long time ago, they talked about how hyper he was. I know that all too well, that looks like me, i'm manic, think bipolar but on the high side. The problem is what goes up, must come down. Its rare, i'm up for months at a time, but when i go down, its a severe and sudden drop, and each one is worse. Depression is bad, but imagine going from ecstatically happy and energetic to wanting to kill yourself in the blink of an eye. It says a lot about him that he made it as long as he did.
                Seph
                Taur10
                "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

It is stunning news.

Rest in peace, sir.
                  "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I cry every time I see a fb post on it. His roles brought joy to me. My friend made a post about how some people were being harassed for expressing sadness at his passing. I didn't see any of that, so maybe it was at her job. I didn't ask. How can anyone not be at least a little sad about it?
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

O Captain! My Captain!

I for one will not grieve for Robin Williams. Of all the celebrity deaths I've known of, this is only the third that has had any personal effect on me. The first was because that celebrity's material had had such an effect on my own life, the second because I actually knew that celebrity. This, the third, is similar to the first, in that his work had had such a profound effect on my life.

So, why will I not grieve for him? Because his work has had such a profound effect on my life. From The Birdcage to Toys to DPS, and beyond, he chose to inspire, to entertain, to bring laughter, much as I have tried to do in my own life. He made me laugh, he entertained me, and yes, he inspired me.

Grieve for him? Mourn him? No. Not a chance. Yesterday I was inspired by what we as humans can do from my time at Kennedy Space Center. And today I will enjoy life by riding roller coasters and just generally having silly fun at an amusement park. I will live life to the fullest today, will suck up as much enjoyment from it as I can, and will do so in a different way tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that.

My knee is wracked with pain for reasons I don't know. I'm depressingly single. I'm going to an amusement park alone, as my niece and her boyfriend both have to work today. For some people, any one of these things, and others, would be reasons to be down, as would the passing of Robin Williams. Not me. Not today. Or any other day. Today and every day I will grab life by the horns, kick it in the ass, ride it out as it tries to throw me, and say, "Is that all you've got?" I will live, love, laugh, dance, woo, scream, drink, eat, cook, bike, read, write, smell, taste, and smile my crooked little smile, and dare people who don't get it to challenge me.

Today and every day, I'll stand on the desk and look at the world from a different angle.

Thank you, Captain!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        O Captain! My Captain!

I will live life to the fullest today, will suck up as much enjoyment from it as I can, and will do so in a different way tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that.

Thank you, Captain!
                        Carpe diem, boys.

Well said, Jester.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8mn3nLPSMY

Robin Williams in Good Will Hunting - his ad-libbing had the cameraman shaking with silent laughter, and you can see the camera bouncing.

(A bit NSFW)

Comment

Yeah he did an interview with his director for the Live on Broadway special whith Williams as the interviewer. He asked the director "what was it like directing the cameras for the show?" First word out of the director's mouth was "FUCK!" due to having troubles keeping the cameras focused on him.
                            I AM the evil bastard!
                            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Zelda Williams Quits Twitter and Instagram After Being Taunted About Robin Williams' Death

Poor lady's dealing with enough, now the online bullies are heaping more crap on her.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                                Zelda Williams Quits Twitter and Instagram After Being Taunted About Robin Williams' Death

Poor lady's dealing with enough, now the online bullies are heaping more crap on her.
                                I have no idea what it is that makes some people take pleasure in doing things like that. I can only think that their own lives must be pretty miserable.
                                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
                                X