This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyuhh...I don't get it, George.

On my way home from work last night, I stopped for gas. After putting the gas cap back on and driving off, I decided to poke my nose in at the local RedBox movie machine. While I was going through movies, a family drives up with their 13ish year old daughter, get out of the car, and walk up to the convenience store. The convenience store doesn't have a "closed" sign, and they leave all the lights on at night, so understandably, they try to open the door. The funny bit, is that dad stands there with a confused look on his head, scratches his head, and tries the door again. Yep. Still locked. He shrugs, tries the door again, before scratching his head and stepping back.

Daughter's turn! She steps up, tries the door, and the door is still locked. She looks around inside, tries the door again, then shrugs and steps back.

Dad tries again, and is having a discussion with his family as to what the evil door that won't open for them means when I drive off giggling like mad.

It was like watching the 3 stooges try to open a door.
    Coworker: Distro of choice?
    Me: Gentoo.
    Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

If, at first, you don't succeed: Why? Why again?!

*Note: I don't know who originally said the above quote. But it makes me giggle.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

So after all this, did you still pay for a Red Box movie? Looks like you already got entertainment that evening and it was free.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        So after all this, did you still pay for a Red Box movie? Looks like you already got entertainment that evening and it was free.
        Nah. We have Netflix and DirecTV. I was more checking to see the cost of blu-ray movies and what was available. Blu-Ray is $1.50 there. Not bad at all, so it's a possibility next time it's between seasons of various shows and wife and I are bored. :-P
        Coworker: Distro of choice?
        Me: Gentoo.
        Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Bonus points if the hours were posted on the door or window, right in front of them...
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

If the lights were on, there was no closed sign, and the place *looked* like a 24-hr business, I would be concerned. There was a stop-n-go type gas station down from the donut shop I used to work at that got robbed one morning about 5 am. The crook walked through the front door, locked it behind him, shot the cashier, raided the till, and left through the back exit.

The cashier died because dozens of people stopped there, rattled the doors, and drove off and not one of them thought to call the cops to do a security check. It was one of my bakers that found the cashier when he came in through the open back door with the delivery.

So yeah, this family might have looked silly trying to figure out why the doors were locked, and they were quite likely just a family of deet-dee-dees, but if I was working in a job with a high risk of being robbed (like most convenience stores), I'd much rather they take the moment to verify that nothing's wrong... even if other people think they look silly doing so.
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

The same thing happened to me this morning!

Mom and Brother and I went to "Mexican Bell" (I have to do 4 days of carb/wheat load to determine if I do have celiac disease for Thursday) for lunch today. Brother goes up, tries the handle and says, "Oh no it's locked we're going to have to go somewhere else".

Me: "What's the hours?"

Mom: "10-5...but it's 11 now, they should be open! *tries the same door Brother pulled* See? Locked!"

Me: "...Did you guys try the other door?"

Brother: "No and we don't have because the place is locked!"

Me: *pulls on other door, which opens and I go in* "Locked, huh? I'm going inside."
              Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
              X