This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anonymous Reviews Online...

This just irks me. I was looking at this store in town that sells larger and hard to find bra sizes. I checked out reviews online and all were good but two of them. Those two were people complaining that the store didn't ask them if they needed help after they came in, so they gave the store 1 star. I mean, seriously? How about if you need help, you go ask for it? When I shop at Lane Bryant, they say hi to you and leave you alone unless you ask. Once you ask, they will bend over backwards for you. That's how I prefer things.

What if you went into a store and every employee held everyone's hand who went in there? You wouldn't be able to check out!

I can top that.

One of the websites for <company brand> has a section where people can post up suggestions, compliments and in quite a number of cases, complaints. People can comment and review these accordingly.

There were TWO compliments put up recently. Both wound up with scores in negative figures and it turned out that 16 people had given the first compliment a thumbs down. Thankfully, the other posters kept asking why people weren't allowed to compliment others....
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth angelicafire View Post
      I was looking at this store in town that sells larger and hard to find bra sizes.
      What store is that? Is it a chain store? My wife has problems finding bras that fit. It seems like every time she finds a store that has them, the store closes. Please PM me if you don't want to post the name here.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        What store is that? Is it a chain store? My wife has problems finding bras that fit. It seems like every time she finds a store that has them, the store closes. Please PM me if you don't want to post the name here.
        If the OP is talking about the same store, they're talking about Lane Bryant. There's Avenue in California as well. Take your wife to a very reputable bra shop (NOT VS!) and get her sized. A lot of women find bad bras because someone who doesnt have any clue what theyre doing told them the wrong size.
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
          If the OP is talking about the same store, they're talking about Lane Bryant. There's Avenue in California as well. Take your wife to a very reputable bra shop (NOT VS!) and get her sized. A lot of women find bad bras because someone who doesnt have any clue what theyre doing told them the wrong size.
          My wife gets her bras at Sylene, which is very good, and Nordstrom, which is also good and closer than Sylene. At least two others she liked in the area have closed recently. I doubt I could convince her to try VS as they have been unable to fit her in the past.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Complaints like that irk me greatly.

I'm (un)lucky with my bras, as my bra size is such that I have a very small band size, but a pretty large cup size. So I've ended up just getting them online on Bare Necessities and hoping for the best when they get here. We don't have Victoria's Secret here [where I know they sometimes have my size], and nowhere else is anywhere close.
            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

The last time I went bra shopping I walked into a local bra place and told them I was having trouble with shoulder tension, and they just took me to a changing room and brought me the bra I needed. I have no idea what size it is, they didn't measure me, they just looked and figured out the size I needed. I have never been happier with a bra, and my fingers have stopped going tingly when I'm playing a game for too long.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                Unfortunately, it's a local store called Blythe. I think that they ship things, but their website was down the other day.

Comment

We have a bra shop around here that proudly say they support to larger women. Their biggest band size is 48. I am a 54 (tho I used to be a 56, yay for loosing some weight) so their bras are too small.

They are also very highly priced as well, is it any idea that they are doing 'huge' sales?

Comment

I have a large chest that's not a regular "big" size (not DDD), so I have trouble finding bras, even at Lane Bryant. However, Portland, OR has a specialty bra shop -- large sizes, unusual sizes, nursing bras, mastectomy bras. I'd best most major metropolitan areas have something similar.

The store in Portland is Just like a Woman

Comment

Its important to read bad reviews just not look at the number. Especially if it comes to anything electronic since people will give bad reviews to games without playing them or something because they don't like the company for whatever stupid reason.

There is a one star review on Amazon for the movie Watership Down where if you read it the person makes it clear he has never seen the movie. All his complaints apply to the tv series that came out 20 years later.

Comment

Those online review sites can in theory be helpful but generally seem to attract a clusterf*ck of useless opinionated garbage. Luckily it is pretty easy to tell a meaningful review from an EW rant. A good example is any store that does buy/sell/trade. A used clothing store I like called "Shmuffalo Exchange" has the most hilarious reviews on yelp (at least for the location by my house). Practically every other review gives it one star because the store wouldn't give the person a bunch of money for their clothes. Frankly, that's why I like the store so much: because they are picky and I don't have to dig through a bunch of torn, low-quality and ugly clothes to find good quality things. It's pathetic how vengeful some people can get when they are told "no"....

ETA: I almost forgot... a local stationary store had all great reviews because they are frankly a great store... except for one two-star review: "Thy had a lot of stationary but not a good selection of art supplies!!!" Um... STATIONARY store, not art store. Some people......
                        !
                        "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                          I have no idea what size it is, they didn't measure me, they just looked and figured out the size I needed. I have never been happier with a bra, and my fingers have stopped going tingly when I'm playing a game for too long.
                          We have a local bra shop that's like that. The staff are a pair of lovely ladies who themselves are odd shaped bodies and quite - generously sized. They will give you their first guess at the right bra for you, help you put it on properly if you need it, and then study you. Then bring you the next one, which will fit better.
                          If necessary, they will go through their entire in-stock range of the right size/s for you to get you THE perfect bra. But that's usually not necessary - they're very good at selecting by eye.

They will also happily order in a bra (or panties, or lingerie) you want, and if it doesn't fit perfectly, just shove it in among their stock. Someone will show up who needs just that bra!

They also can tell you that if your perfect bra is a Fayreform Charlotte*, then a Goddess Maria will also probably fit you well, as will a Ladyshape Claire. And show you the catalogue images, in case you prefer the colours and styles of whichever one/s they don't have in stock.

* Brands and models made up out of my head.

Can you tell we love them? Expensive, yes, especially compared to somewhere like Target or the big chains like Bras-n-things. But the service is unequalled, and it's not their fault they're expensive. They just can't purchase on the scale of the big chains, and they're having to buy items the manufacturer does smaller runs of.
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                          X