This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude, I just want to lift weights.

This is my bad all around. I signed up with my gym on the 20th of April (i think). They split my membership sign up into a couple of payments, the first payment being paid on 4/20. I was under the impression that after that, the rest of the sign up payments would be added to my monthly rate until it was paid.

I got an email today saying I owe 200$ over 2 accounts. Well, yes, 100$ of that is NSF/past due amount I'm not disputing. I was actually going to call and pay today when I got this email. I called the local office and she said they tried to bill me the 20th of every month and it always got declined. Well. I dont even know where they're trying to bill because they have two separate addresses for both accounts (I lived at both addresses). I've never gotten so much as a politely worded letter stating that they have tried to bill me on the 20th and that it was declined. I've been a member for FOUR Months and shes saying EVERY attempt was declined. Well, why didn't someone contact me before TODAY? I have postal forwarding, so if they mailed me something at my old address itd come to my new one.

The billing rep (they deal with multiple gyms) was completely confused to the point where she told me not to pay anything and to give her a business day to figure out what the hell my gym is doing. She'd never heard of them splitting someone into two accounts. I don't know that I would have EVER heard about this second account if I hadn't thought I was billed on the 9th instead of the 5th. The ONLY reason I found out is because I was past due on my monthly membership.

wth. :|
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

If they were trying to take money directly out of your bank account and that's why they said NSF, check with your bank ASAP. Chances are you'll have some serious overdraws to worry about.

Though I'm curious, shouldn't your bank or credit card on file be able to tell you if/when the gym really did try to bill you?
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
    X